SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samantha_kate712

Builder messed up foyer/entry, do we fix?

Samantha Kate
7 years ago

We had our house built a year ago, and most of it was a disaster. They botched the foyer/entryway pretty good and the stairs were put in so late (and door not put in till a week before we moved in), we didn't get a good feel for how the entryway was going to look/feel. The problem is you walk in directly into the side of the stairs. The walkway from the foyer into the rest of the house is 3 ft, just very tight feeling. Our builder has since corrected the problem when he used our plan again, and we have talked with him but we will have to pay to fix. The front door was supposed to come out 18 more inches directly under the floor above, and that got botched as well and was shortened. It was our first time building and I wish we had fought it more (but we were also preoccupied fighting other issues). I've attached pics. Would you leave as is, or try to push the foyer forward and move the side wall a bit? I know it would probably be costly to fix and a silly thing to spend money on, but it does bother me quite a bit.

Email [Comment2[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/re-design-foyer-entry-dsvw-vd~4266251)BookmarkLike

Sponsored

Green View Landscaping

McLean County's Award Winning Landscape Architects & Contractors

4 Reviews

Comments (49)