SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ele_espinosa

Need Ideas for Weed-ridden Gravel Patio

Ele Espinosa
7 years ago

Hello all. First time posting. Some years back, I used dirt to build up an area of my backyard in order to place an inflatable pool (the ground was not even). I used retaining wall blocks to keep the dirt in. Eventually, the pool was tossed. I ended up with an approximately 10' x 10' area of dirt amid a grass back yard.

I decided to lay down some landscape fabric and then cover it with gravel. It looked pretty cool with a temporary gazebo on it. After a few years, weeds and other plants started poking through. I tried staying on top of the weeds, but I grew lazy.

Long story short, the patio area has been consumed with the weeds and plants. I'm looking for a quick, but lasting, solution to making that area look nice again. I'm trying to avoid removing the gravel then ripping off the landscape fabric. Is there some kind of product available that I can just place atop of this madness? I would trim/kill the weeds first, of course. Am I kidding myself that such a solution exists? I found this site while doing other research, so I don't have any pics yet. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (21)