SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmize22

Marble countertop from Home Depot?

Laura M
7 years ago

I love the look of a white marble countertop in the kitchen but had dismissed the idea due to wear and maintenance issues with marble. We had decided to opt for Quartz, but I am having trouble selecting one that I like. To me the Quartz options that are supposed to look like marble really do not. I think they look pretty fake and grainy, to be honest. I had more or less decided to go with a solid white quartz and install a white marble backsplash. But I have read that some people have concerns about a solid white quartz countertop showing stains or scratches overtime. In addition, the Home Depot I shop at offers Carrera marble countertops for cheaper than the plain white Silestone I was eyeing. I may decide to go with the marble and just live with a bit of wear. Does anyone have any experience with Home Depot Carrera marble countertops? Can you get a good slab? I am aware that some people do not like the Home Depot installation contractors. If we decide to go with Home Depot, we know we will need to be cognizant of that.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths