SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golden_gardens

Miele 36" Rangetop with Grill Info

golden_gardens
7 years ago

Hi - I'm trying to post about the appliances I have recently installed as there is not that much info on them out there. I got the 36" rangetop with the grill installed about a month ago. We've used it maybe 6 times since then.

- Burners are nice and hot, easy to adjust, pasta water boils faster than on my old lower BTU cooktop and my bok choy stir fry did not get soggy LOL

- Grill runs very hot. The first few times, I would put it on high to heat it up and then turn it down to cook. The grill marks on the food all tasted burnt. Now I heat up on a lower setting and that is better. I have no idea what you could even cook on high, it is that hot. I would like it to go a bit lower than it does for things I would like to cook through. I am not sure how it will work for veggies for example - it just might be too hot.

- You need a good vent hood with this appliance. Then the smells are pretty well contained. (I got a 42" Zephyr Siena Pro, 1200 cfm. Excellent value and a good place to save a little money IMO.)

- The cast iron parts all go in the dishwasher. However they are big and you can only fit one piece in at a time, and you don't want to put anything else in since the "grates and grills" setting is hot. I put the grill through once and it went well, but I should have scraped off more of the stuck on food bits. They did not come off in the DW (Miele Lumen).

- The cast iron grill literally cracked through during the preheat, along the front edge. I heard a weird noise and didn't know where it came from, and noticed it as I was putting the meat on. Miele is sending out a new one, and I hope this was just a fluke.

- If you get one of these, get the serial number off the back before you install it!

- I noticed on the thread about the Miele ranges that there is a lot of clicking to ignite the burners. I am getting about 6 clicks on the first lighting of a burner. If I shut it off and turn it back on relatively soon, it is maybe 2-3 clicks. One of the burners tends to take longer to ignite, and I've had a big puff of flame a couple of times when it finally catches. I have requested a service call on this and it's in process.

I'll try to update after service call and more use.

Comments (3)