Trump reportedly didn’t know what a ’Gold Star family’ was

tibbrix

But he loves veterans, dontcha know? Wants to be CIC.

"Trump frustrated campaign aides when he lashed out at the Khans, parents of a fallen Muslim American soldier, who criticized Trump on stage at the Democratic National Convention.

“You do know you just attacked a Gold Star family?” an adviser reportedly asked Trump, who simply replied, “What’s that?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-reportedly-didnt-know-what-a-gold-star-family-was-220609121.html

SaveComment163Like
Comments (163)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ohiomom

of course he doesnt, unless it is about him he does not give a damn

3 Likes Save    
Margo

Well, Hillary doesn't know what *classified* means after 30 years.... dum da dum dum;)

5 Likes Save    
tibbrix

False, margo. but Trump really didn't know what a gold star family is, while also trashing POWs for having been captured, promising donations to veterans and not following through...

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

Unnamed sources? LOL

Save    
mrskjun(9)

There are a lot of people who haven't served in the military or had family members who served who don't know what Gold Star Family means tibbrix. There are hundreds of things you can attack Trump on, but this one is reaching.

2 Likes Save    
Nothing Left to Say

There is a different standard for people running for President. There are a lot of things I don't expect the average citizen to know, but I do expect a serious candidate for President of the United States to know. If you want to be Commander in Chief, you need to know what a gold star family is.

9 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Paprikash....

Here we go again. "unnamed sources", needing charges....EXCEPT when it comes to Clinton. the NO charges, NO evidence, NO nothing are evidence of guilt.

Ever notice that. While a tape of Trump ADMITTING to sexually assaulting women gets a yawn from Paprikash, et al.

Cripes.

Such liars. So disingenuous. If this kind of thing came out about Trump ten days before the election, you'd all be shrieking bloody murder that it's about rigging the election. Imagine if someone announced that, while they haven't seen any evidence of anything, haven't looked at anything don't have a warrant for anything...but there might be something they should look at regarding trump....you think Trump and his sheep would be saying Comey is courageous and that justice will finally be served????

I don't think so.

Save    
tibbrix

"mrskjun(9)

There are a lot of people who haven't served in the military or had family members who served who don't know what Gold Star Family means tibbrix. There are hundreds of things you can attack Trump on, but this one is reaching."

Are they running for President AND CIC, mrskjun? Do they go around yammering about how they love war and veterans and no more about everything than even the generals, etc., etc., etc.?

No.

Save    
ann_t

Thank you Crl for pointing out the obvious. Sad that some here don't understand that. Or that they set their standards for President so low.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

cri, this election proves there is a very low standard for running for president.

Save    
Margo

LOL- ann-t, you can't get much lower than crooked Hillary, ahahahahahahah

1 Like Save    
Margo

mrskjun- I disagree with that. You may not care for Trump but at least him running for president is actually exposing the truths of the Clinton's.

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

mrsk, I diagree, but even if you believe that, it provides no excuse. And it certainly does not support your assertion that it is okay for a Presidential candidate to not know what a gold star family is.

Margo, try to stay on topic.

Save    
frank_il

That is not even clever. "Crooked Hillary." Give me a break.

ETA What should I expect from a Trump supporter?

5 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I don't know, Margo. A made up name with nothing to back it up versus sexual assaulting dozens of women, admitting it, calling a US POW a "loser" for having been captured and tortured, promising money to veterans groups and not paying up until it becomes public that you didn't, scamming people via a fraudulent "university", using donated money to buy homages to oneself, not paying contractors, still, after the age of 10, calling people ugly, dogs, losers, weak, etc.,....

Trump is as low as I've seen in any presidential candidate. Tantamount to a slug.

3 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Lol@ Margo!

the most prolific liar to EVER run for president is "exposing truth"!!!

ROFL!!!!

Good one, Margo.

Save    
Margo

frank_ I was not being clever, I was being factual;)

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Just what I said tibbrix, two slugs running for president.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"You may not care for Trump but at least him running for president is actually exposing the truths of the Clinton's."

That's a hoot, trump is actually exposing the truths about trump. I used to think that he was just a spoiled egotistical billionaire. He is sooooo much more than just that, none of it positive other than positively revolting.

4 Likes Save    
frank_il

frank_ I was not being clever, I was being factual;)

So, was that a factual ahahahahahahah?

ETA You are correct though. You certainly were not being clever.

3 Likes Save    
Margo

frank_ Clever is as clever does;) Google that. hahaha

Save    
tibbrix

mrskjun, your opinion. I really wish you would stop making your opinion a declarative statement for everyone. I don't agree with you.

Your answer is also a copout. At least HRC knows what a Gold Star Family is and doesn't claim to know more about ISIS (and everything) than the generals (or anyone).

"Both are"...what rubbish.

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

frank_ I was not being clever, I was being factual;)"

Really? Then that means you can back it up.

Do so.

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

Yooooooooooo hooooooooo, margo?

Let's have some of that truth you 'Pubs can handle and we Dems can't, please?

Save    
frank_il

frank_ Clever is as clever does;) Google that. hahaha

Yep, still not clever.

You are quickly becoming the joke.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

Save    
frank_il

Nope, still lacking. You can't even be funny with premade stuff.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Save    
susanjf_gw

wait! was he so isolated he never knew, or saw a movie with the term gold star family, when he wore that fancy military suit in school? omg guess he was isolated wasn't he? but he was educated to grope women?

3 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Anyone seeing Mar "Dems can't handle the truth" go giving us those facts she was talking about?

Or do we see her dancing to not do so?

Press 1 for the former; 2 for the latter;

Save    
Margo

It is better to flail, than never to have flailed at all;) Google it;)

Save    
frank_il

Well that is just nonsense. What should I expect though?

Save    
tibbrix

I'm sure that, if it were HRC who didn't know what a Gold Star family is, and had attacked one, and had called a torture US POW a 'Loser' for having been captured, and had asked Russia to hack US emails, and had USED illegally hacked emails by hostile foreign entities to influence a US election and had run around whining that the election was rigged against her...

'Pubs would be yawning.

But it's an unpacked, personal server from which NOTHING has come is what has them up in arms!

Charlatans.

Save    
Margo

frank_ I knew you would catch on later than sooner;) all forgiven!

Save    
haydayhayday

I have a funny!!!

"There is a different standard for people running for President. There are a lot of things I don't expect the average citizen to know, but I do expect a serious candidate for President of the United States to know. If you want to be Commander in Chief, you need to know what a gold star family is."

If you're going to be the President of the United States, shouldn't you at least know how many states there are?

Hay

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Whether or not a candidate needs to know what a Gold-Star Family is to be qualified to run for president of the U.S. is debatable. However, once informed of the meaning the candidate should have enough decency, if not common sense, to apologize to the Gold-Star family, and then drop the subject. I don't recall that either happened in the case of candidate Trump. Once again, he proves himself incapable of comprehending what he is actually doing, and the negative effects of his words and behavior. One cannot accuse Donald Trump of being particularly perceptive in terms of confronting his negative image.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

nancy nancy- no one can compare to Hillary's behavior over smashing phones and bleach bitting computers. It is she that proves herself incapable of comprehending what she is actually doing, and the negative effects of her behavior;)

Save    
chase_gw

Margo can you , or any of the other Trump supporters here point to one illegal act that Hillary Clinton is guilty off ?

Trump calls her Crooked Hillary, accuses her of illegal activities and yet there isn't one single thing that anyone can point to that substantiates that baseless allegation.

Trump lies multiple times a day....no problem

Trump has a bogus Foundation....no problem

Trump has one criminal and one civil suit pending.....no problem

2 Likes Save    
frank_il

frank_ I knew you would catch on later than sooner;) all forgiven!

Yep, still makes no sense.

Save    
chase_gw

Margo....

Hillary had nothing to do with the bleach bit thing...fact

Physically destroying old cell phones is a common and well accepted practice ...fact

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

There are a lot of people who haven't served in the military or had family members who served who don't know what Gold Star Family means tibbrix. There are hundreds of things you can attack Trump on, but this one is reaching.

Well the time is long past for you to learn. I learned about Blue Star and Gold Star mothers decades ago just by reading, Life, Look, Readers Digest, etc..

Being poorly informed is no excuse, especially when pretending to run for President of the US. Or for supporting someone who is pretending to run for President.

It just points out how phony the "patriotism" is of Trump and his supporters..

Save    

Margo, Trump, when informed of his insult to a family that lost a son in service to the US military, showed no compassion, no empathy, no regret for his insults. There was no cost to him to admit his error and apologize, but he chose another course of action -- the worst option available.

3 Likes Save    
Margo

right chase_ Hillary and Bill are smart enough to know how to let others take the fall.

Save    
tibbrix

Not true, Nancy. He showed great empathy by saying he too had sacrificed a lot, by building big buildings.

See? Same thing. Building a building; losing a son in war (or at all).

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

"Hillary's behavior over smashing phones and bleach bitting computers"

Iie.

Save    
Margo

I am not defending Trumps actions am I?

Save    
jillinnj

frank - I beg you, please stop egging her on! There's no there there!

2 Likes Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

right chase_ Hillary and Bill are smart enough to know how to let others take the fall."

So you are admitting you lied, Margo? I thought you 'Pubs were so aghast at lying except from Trump?

Save    
frank_il

I honestly don't know. Are you actually saying anything or just throwing poo?

ETA Alright Jill, that was my last one.

Save    
Margo

You are all in denial. Turn your head on the Benghazi tragedy. Hillary blaming a video? What about those families?

Save    
Margo

jillinnj- there there you go being that good person you told us you are on rgreens thread. Must be nice to live in your ivory tower.

Save    
chase_gw

Hillary "blamed" a video......so what! For all we know the reason the terrorists stormed the embassy was in part due to their rage with regard to the video. Heaven knows they were rioting elsewhere at exactly the same time specifically because of the video.

There is a HUGE difference between WHO did it...the terrorists...and WHY they did it.

Save    

According to CIA intelligence at the time, the video had prompted riots in several places in North Africa. That was the briefing given to White House.

Save    
tibbrix

That "She blamed a video" thing is THE stupidest bit of malarky.

'Pubs completely forgive a president who EXPLOITED 9/11, of all attacks, to start a personal war, by lhying, deception, manipulation, intimidation, et., and then disastrously prosecuted that war...

But Hillary says a video prompted an attack, and they go ballistic?????

Sorry, 'Pubs, Doesn't pass the smell test, and ironically, it is YOU using a tragedy for political purposes.

1 Like Save    
Save    
momj47(7A)

I am not defending Trumps actions am I?

If anyone is voting for Trump, then they ARE defending his actions, embracing his phony "patriotism" as their own, embracing his racism, intolerance, his sexism, his xenophobia, his white nationalism, his fascism, his injustice, his ugly rhetoric.

Don't think for a minute that you can separate your vote from Trump's beliefs.

The lie you tell, "I'm voting for Trump, but I don't believe what he says" is just that. A lie.

What lies must you tell yourself to justify your support of Trump when it most likely goes against everything you were brought up to believe was important, even sacred.

SMH

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

I don't think I've seen a single RWNJ forum member denounce the video that caused such an uproar in the Middle East. It was made by another RWNJ so I guess that explains the silence.

I guess that sort of ugly intolerance is acceptable to far too many Americas

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

Ohiomom said it best: of course he doesnt, unless it is about him he does not give a damn

He also didn't know what the nuclear triad is and no telling how many other critical national/international issues. He's not a smart man; he has no intellectual curiosity. There is a lot he doesn't know because he does not care to learn unless it's an issue right in his face.

Margo, no matter how bad you think Hillary is, DT is far and away a worse choice. I hope you wake up to that.

Save    
Margo

Because I do NOT believe the spin you put on his so called *isms*. There ARE blacks voting for Trump, Latino's voting for Trump, Asians voting for Trump, Gays for Trump, woman voting for Trump. Even Obamas half brother is voting for Trump. So what do you call all those people?

Save    
tibbrix

Stupid.

1 Like Save    
Margo

I rest my case;)

Save    
Margo

And tibbrix, you wonder why I do not answer your questions, lol.

Save    
momj47(7A)

Because I do NOT believe the spin you put on his so called *isms

And Trump is just standing there laughing at your ignorance.

Do you really believe all the cr@p he spouts?

Yes? Trump is counting on that.

Except not even Trump believes it.

Inside a Donald Trump rally: good people in a feedback loop of paranoia and hate

After only 15 minutes in Trumpworld, already the incongruities are overwhelming. Bikers in the VIP line, coming to support a real estate tycoon who lives in a $100m gilded penthouse. A mother absolving Trump for his self-proclaimed sexual predation as her 10-year-old daughter listens in. Thousands lining up to Make America Great Again in the shadow of an 18-wheeler covered in crude sexual references.

Trump is loved by his supporters not just because of the content of what he says, such as his seemingly endless ability to insult anyone from Mexicans to Muslims to African Americans to women. It’s also the way he says it. It’s the language he uses: unscripted, unpolished, and not infrequently unintelligible. He is the antithesis of the fancy, considered Obama, with the Harvard law degree and the “beautiful speech”.

...here is Trump speaking tonight at the rally, reproduced verbatim: “Bikers love me. I will see these bikers, oftentimes on Harleys, not always, but a lot of times. I feel so safe with these bikers. A lot of times they don’t want to come inside, they just want to make sure I feel safe. I love you guys, I love you guys.”

There’s a disconnect between the ugly schoolyard name-calling coming from the speakers and the outward appearance of their audience. Yes, there are the usual smattering of patriotic followers in costume of the sort that frequent any Republican event: women robed in the Stars and Stripes; men posing as Uncle Sam with crooked top hats like wonky chimneys on their heads. But most Trump supporters wear the unassuming uniform of middle America: jeans, checked shirt and jacket.

Most, too, are in work, and their median income is in fact above the national average. Until Trump and his surrogates get to work on them, the thousands filling the arena come across as wholly unexceptional: a genial bunch intent on enjoying themselves for the night, rather than die-hard fanatics baying for Clinton’s blood.

It’s the children who are the most striking. There are lots of them peppered around the stadium, from toddlers in diapers to wide-eyed teenagers taking it all in.

“I think Trump will bring back jobs,” says Ben, aged 13. “And he’ll close the borders down to Mexicans and illegal immigrants so that less young people like me die of opioid addiction.”

Save    

While some Latinos, African Americans, Asians, and women are voting for Trump, many, many, many more in these groups are voting for Hillary Clinton.

1 Like Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Anyone who cares knows what a Gold Star family is, especially since 2003.

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

Margo: "And tibbrix, you wonder why I do not answer your questions"

I don't wonder at all, Margo. I know why you don't.

1 Like Save    
frank_il

here ARE blacks voting for Trump, Latino's voting for Trump, Asians voting for Trump, Gays for Trump, woman voting for Trump

Did everyone notice that she said woman voting for Trump? So you are the one, Margo? I know that no self-respecting female would ever vote for Donald Trump.

Sorry Jill, I couldn't resist.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

LOL frank_I don't mind some good digs. It will take more than that to try and shame me. Hillary has surrounded her self with self respecting wieners right LOL LOL

Save    
Margo

Save    
frank_il

It will take more than that to try and shame me

Obviously. You certainly don't seem to be very self-aware.

3 Likes Save    
Margo

aware of what?

Save    
frank_il

Exactly

2 Likes Save    
Margo

LOL- that was more fodder for you to enjoy trashing people. A mirror is in order I see;)

Sterling 6050676 Easton In Clear Finish · More Info

Save    
chase_gw

The depth is amazing...when you scratch the surface you scratch the bottom....taking Elvis' title !

4 Likes Save    
jodik_gw

All I keep hearing is "Hillary lies", "Hillary's a crook" "Hillary emails, FBI, etc,". But no one ever provides any evidence to back up those rightwing talking points, which are evidently embedded in the heads of Republicans via media rinse and repeats... it's very odd.

2 Likes Save    
tibbrix

You don't need evidence when it's what you FEEL, Jodi.

See?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Hillary has surrounded her self with self respecting wieners right LOL LOL

And I quote: - you think quite highly of yourself. Not sure all of us who read most of your comments would believe you are the best person that you can be.

Save    
Margo

Dear mom, may I call you mom...I did not make that statement about myself. I mean I am thee sole non respectable woman voting for Trump. Really, you need to lighten up;)

Save    
ann_t

"The depth is amazing...when you scratch the surface you scratch the bottom....taking Elvis' title !"

Like two peas in a pod.

Save    
momj47(7A)

I did not make that statement about myself.

You made that statement about jillinnj, an ugly, offensive comment, but gee, it really seems to apply to the forum member who made the comment, too.

How about that.

I don't need to do anything.

But maybe Trump's cult members need to get a grip, on their morality and good sense.

Save    
Margo

LOL- maybe I am Elvis lol lol....sorry Elvis

Save    
chase_gw

Nah, your grammar and punctuation isn't good enough.

Save    
Margo

LOL just no making you folks happy;)

Save    
chase_gw

Margo, A few questions upthread for you. Are you going to respond?

Save    
Margo

Gee chase_ the insults coming at me are like bullets. I can not respond fast enough on all the threads and things get lost. What questions?

Save    
jillinnj

jillinnj- there there you go being that good person

Yes, exactly. Telling the truth. Honesty is a trait I admire greatly.

--

Sorry Jill, I couldn't resist.

No worries, Frank! Sometimes you just have to point out the stupidity :-)

--

The depth is amazing...when you scratch the surface you scratch the bottom....taking Elvis' title !

I never thought I'd say this, but this is making elvis look positively brilliant. Maybe elvis is paying her?

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Wasn't there a comment upthread that there are blacks voting for Trump?

Well, Trump doesn't want their vote apparently.

SMH

Trump booted a black man from his rally and called him a ‘thug.’ Turns out he is a supporter.

An increasing number of people began pointing at a person to Trump's right. Soon, hundreds of people who had gathered for his Wednesday evening campaign rally in Kinston, N.C., were frantically waving their “Trump Pence” signs in that direction.

Trump glanced at who his supporters were singling out: A black man wearing a suit jacket and sunglasses.

“That's all right, leave him alone,” Trump said, at first seemed dismissive of what he saw.

He quickly pivoted.

“We have a protester,” Trump declared. The crowd booed.

“By the way, were you paid $1,500 to be a thug?” he said, seemingly addressing both the crowd and the person simultaneously. “Where's the protester? Where is he? Was he paid?”

Somewhere in the crowd, Trump's security detail escorted a man out of the rally as the audience cheered.

“You can get him out,” Trump said, making a sideways motion with his thumb. “Get him out.”

The person in question turned out to be C.J. Cary, a North Carolina resident, who claims to be a longtime Trump supporter.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Sorry, no pay for play with me, that is your candidates choice of modus operandi.

Save    
ann_t

Well lets hope C. J. Cary is no longer a Trump supporter.

Save    
Margo

Nope, he still supports Trump and has 40 Trump signs in his yard;)

Save    
momj47(7A)

Sorry, no pay for play with me, that is your candidates choice of modus operandi.

LOL. You didn't even read the article.

Oh my. Willful ignorance

Typical RWNJ

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

Sorry, no pay for play with me, that is your candidates choice of modus operandi."

Examples.

**crickets chirping**

'Pubs: We create reality now, but it's the left, aka "The Reality Based Community", that can't handle the truth.

Save    
Margo

I did read an article mom, maybe you read a different one?

Save    
PRO
Save    
Margo

Sorry, not interested in hate studies.

Save    
chase_gw

Still no answers Margo?

Save    
Margo

Hang in there chase- they will be my November surprise;))

Save    
tibbrix

Got those pay-for-play examples, Margo? How about your "facts" about HRC being crooked?

Why do you avoid putting forth your facts that substantiate your accusations?

Save    
momj47(7A)

Be careful what you wish for margo

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Martin Niemöller

I'm sure there were plenty of Jews, trade unionists and socialists who supported Hitler.

Well at least until he carted them off and murdered them

Save    
Margo

It will become very clear very soon.

Save    
chase_gw

Margo, No, I have all the info I need....you can't defend your assertions.

You throw out baselees accusations that you yourself can't defend. You have no answers just glib, and not very clever one liners.

No thought, no depth, no rational......just snipe.

I will continue to challenge you on your untruths but with the understanding you will never respond in a meanigful and informed way.....because you can't.

To say it will become "very clear" soon.,....really? You have information no one else does....how special

1 Like Save    
dockside_gw

Why do you avoid putting forth your facts that substantiate your accusations?

That's a rhetorical question, isn't it?

Save    
cait1

All I keep hearing is "Hillary lies" "Hillary's a crook" "Hillary emails, FBI, etc,". But no one ever
provides any evidence to back up those rightwing talking points

Will you accept the following as evidence?I'll even be brief and only site a couple of instances...

Hillary lies:

"We've made it very clear that, if they are going to be sending this
kind of letter that is only going originally to Republican members of
the House, that they need to share whatever facts they claim to have
with the American people," Clinton said at an Oct. 28 press conference. "And that's what I expect to happen
."

Clinton was incorrect to say that the letter "only" went to
Republican members of the House of Representatives. Democrat members
received the letter, too

Hillary email lie (includes 'FBI')

The results of an FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of stateshredded Clinton’s most oft-recited defense — that she never sent or received information marked classified.

"Let me repeat what I have repeated for many months now," Clinton said
July 2, 2016. "I never received nor sent any material that was marked
classified."

We previously found that Clinton was spinning what was publicly known
about the FBI investigation and Clinton’s emails. We rated her claim
Half True. (See an archived version of that fact-check.)

Now we know it’s just plain wrong.

At PolitiFact, our policy is that we fact-check statements and claims
using the information available at the time. That policy stands. But in
this case, while the evidence FBI director James B. Comey presented
wasn’t available to us, it was available to Clinton through her own
emails. She had every opportunity to present an accurate accounting in
comments to the public and voters. She did not do that

Of course, most have never heard of or conveniently forgotten about her Commodity Futures Scandal.

And I'm sure that should a special prosecutor be called to investigate the Clinton Foundation, and it would be more thorough than what Charles Ortel was able to accomplish, it will be revealed just how crooked Hillary and Billy are.

Save    
Margo

You are right chase_ I will never be able to respond to you and many on here in a meaningful way ( btw, you spelled meaningful wrong in your comment). Since you profess to being the grammar police.

Save    
tibbrix

Nice try, Cait, but...sorry:

Comey: Clinton did not lie to the FBI

By Nick Gass

07/07/16 10:47 AM EDT

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/james-comey-clinton-not-lie-fbi-225212#ixzz4OcU2JMin

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

You are right chase_ I will never be able to respond to you and many on here in a meaningful way ( btw, you spelled meaningful wrong in your comment). Since you profess to being the grammar police."

Translation: I can't.

No worries. I know you can't.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

I watched and read how you attacked the right wing posters. You can feel the hate through the computer. I choose to respond with some humor regardless how lame you think it is. Why the hate?

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

I watched and read how you attacked the right wing posters. You can feel the hate through the computer. I choose to respond with some humor regardless how lame you think it is. Why the hate?"

Translation: I can't support my claims, so I'll try to divert instead.

4 Likes Save    
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Not a ''hate study''. It's science. I know facts are just inconveniences to opinion, but a study that involved thousands of people is pretty significant. Or, are the conclusions too complex to understand? Read the abstract. Or ae you not interested in science and facts?

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

No Margo, I am not the grammar police, nor did I ever profess to be. You really do seem to have a hard time keeping it all straight.

But you are right you will never be able to respond in a meanigful way to any questions unless you can back up your assertions with facts. Hard concept?

Save    
Margo

tibbrix- your response to Cait is exactly why I will not waste my time going into details. You all will just deny deny deny. What fun is that? You can say what you want, I am not all in your face mad.

Save    
chase_gw

Margo, your humour is well...your humour.....that I can ignore and do ignore

However, when you make statements that I believe to be untrue. I will challenge you...and you should be prepared to back them up...or don't make them

4 Likes Save    
Margo

Sophie, I will not fall for another one of your reads. When I did read your last article, I was accused of not reading it, then I was made fun of for not comprehending what you wanted.

Save    
Margo

Chase-_why so angry with me?

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

tibbrix- your response to Cait is exactly why I will not waste my time going into details. You all will just deny deny deny. What fun is that? You can say what you want, I am not all in your face mad."

Translation: I can't support my claims, so I'll try using a diversion tactic of making my questioner look bad.

Save    
tibbrix

Um, Margo? My response to Cait was to cite James Comey saying HRC did not lie.

Yes, I know, being given info. you don't like or want to believe is a waste of your time. That is clear.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Sorry if I mixed you up chase as the grammar police, might have been frank_ or whoever was telling me that I was Elvis but then I must not be Elvis because of my poor grammar? It is hard to keep up with so much dislike.

Save    
Margo

Then someone said I was an incarnate of Hay?? I mean you guys make all these irrational assumptions about me and then you want me to make factual statements. Give me a break!

Save    
chase_gw

Margo, I'm not angry with you. It is just that you throw out accusations and when asked to defend them you can't or won't. You respond with tripe.

If you want to come here and be glib...fine that is your choice. I don't care if that is how you wish to portray yourself...have at it.

However, when you make statements that are intended to be factual, like the ones I challenged you on, and then refuse to back them up it tells me that you aren't intrested in a discussion and / or you have no facts to back up what you say....you are just parroting the talking points.

You can be sure any accusation, or statement you...or anyone... makes that I believe to be innaccurate, misleading or untrue will be challenged. You aren't special that way

1 Like Save    
cait1

Comey: Clinton did not lie to the FBI

Argue with PolitiFact, not me. Are you saying PolitiFact is lying and shouldn't be a trusted source? Bet you didn't even read the link...

In an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd hours after being interviewed by the FBI, Todd asked Clinton how her practices did not violate federal law.

"Let me repeat what I have repeated for many months now," Clinton
responded. "I never received nor sent any material that was marked
classified."

Comey’s statement directly contradicted that point.

FBI investigators reviewed the 30,000 emails Clinton turned over to
the State Department in 2014. The investigation found "a very small
number" contained classification markings at the time they were sent...

In total, the investigation found 110 emails in 52 email chains
containing information that was classified at the time it was sent or
received. Eight chains contained top secret information, the highest
level of classification, 36 chains contained secret information, and the
remaining eight contained confidential information. Most of these
emails, however, did not contain markings clearly delineating their
status.

Even so, Clinton and her team still should have known the information
was not appropriate for an unclassified system, Comey said

Save    
Margo

Chase_ well, are you saying that all these nasty things said on here about so many people are true? I do not see you challenging others for their statements unless it is against Hillary.

Save    
Margo

I see a lot of right wing poster bashing and no one seems to think that is wrong. I see very little tolerance of anything said from the right.

Save    
Margo

I see such hatred for Trump supporters that all civility is thrown out the window.

Save    
chase_gw

Margo, I would suggest that you have zero idea about who I challenge.....

And you are the last person to talk about tolerance. From the moment you arrived here you have been nothing but argumentative, sarcastic, glib and most definitely anti left/ Hillary. Get off your high horse

3 Likes Save    
Margo

I see a bunch of copy and paste, attack, and repeated comments of put downs. What is in their water? OH, that snark is acceptable, probably even thought humorous. You do not see the hypocrisy? Then you question my glib or tripe.

Save    
Margo

Yes, I have been argumentative, sarcastic, glib, and definitely anti Hillary. I am on no high horse. I have made just as much fun of myself as well.

Save    
chase_gw

Good night Margo.

You can be very sure that I will not be responding to any more of your " oh so clever" or deliberately argumentative posts.

You can also be very sure that should you post anything I believe to be untrue or misleading I will challenge you...that is what this forum is for.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Good night Chase.

I would expect no less.

Save    
chase_gw

Well then perhaps you would answer them.........

Save    
Margo

LOL chase_ I think you really like me;))

Save    
Margo

It just takes awhile....

Save    
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

"The researchers, social psychologists Mark Brandt and Jarret Crawford, analyzed 5,914 subjects in their experiment, "Answering Unresolved Questions About the Relationship Between Cognitive Ability and Prejudice." Removing value judgments about whether a specific prejudice is justified or not, they measured the amount of prejudice present in groups of higher cognitive ability and lower cognitive ability. They gauged the cognitive ability of their subjects using a wordsum test, which is considered to be correlated to an individual's intelligence quotient (IQ). Brandt and Crawford replicated previous findings that people of low cognitive ability tend to be prejudiced against non-conventional or liberal groups, as well as groups that have "low choice" in their status—groups defined by their race or gender or sexual orientation, for example. According to their research, this tendency inverted among people of high cognitive ability. In other words, the smarter subjects in their study were likely to be prejudiced against groups considered conventional or conservative—groups perceived to have "high choice" in their associations."''

Save    
SandyC.
At a family dinner tonight, my staunch republican, fiscally conservative brother in law and his family vowed to never vote for Trump. "He is not a republican, he's a moron" my very outspoken brother in law stated. We've always avoided dinner conversations re politics, as they can get very heated, especially with my very liberal 93 year old mother and father in law. Tonight it made my heart happy to discuss with my brother in law real issues and concerns from Obamacare to the stock market. My niece and sister in law just returned from London and they were constantly asked about Trump and how he made it this far. With britex, and how the citizens were swayed, people are very concerned and watching what happens here. It's frightening to actually think the man could be president.
3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

LOL Margo, kudo's to you. You are the piece of red meat thrown to a pack of hungry wolves, and you are still standing. It was only fifteen to one. Are you feeling a little bruised?

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

She doesn't have to be here if being outnumbered bothers her, mrskjun. There are plenty of sites where illogical, disingenuous, ill-informed, and dishonest right wingers hang out.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Maybe she prefers to hang out with illogical, disingenuous, ill-informed, and dishonest left wingers tibbrix. You ever consider that?

2 Likes Save    
Margo

I like to hang out with everybody;) I would love to hang out today but Jury duty selection calls. Can you imagine ME on a jury?? hhahaha .. have a good day guys!

Save    
Margo

tibbrix- I see you start out rather grouchy. Maybe watch some FOX news')

Save    
tibbrix

Margo, got those examples of HRC's crookedness pay-for-play ?

Save    
tibbrix

Gee, mrskjun not even getting the context of her OWN comment!

What a shock. **sarcasm**

Save    
momj47(7A)

illogical, disingenuous, ill-informed, and dishonest left wingers

There aren't any of those.

Those are top of the line characteristics of the RWNJ's, especially here on HT.

Save    
haydayhayday

"Can you imagine ME on a jury?? hhahaha"

My lawyer friend told me that, if you just answer their questions honestly, you should be excused from jury duty.

Honesty is the Best Policy.

Honest Hay

Save    
tibbrix

"tibbrix

Margo, got those examples of HRC's crookedness pay-for-play ?"

Still no. Just like yesterday.

'Pubs: Just call someone yo don't like a criminal. Our Christian values sheep will buy it.

Save    
queenmargo

LOL- what a fun read from the past lol lol.

Read from the top down.

How times flies when you are having fun;))

Save    
bfox254

Since this old thread was resurrected, it's a great time to remind everyone that the Trump administration recently completed its investigation of "crooked Hillary" and found nothing

12 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- what old faces?

Save    
queenmargo

LOL- maybe both. lol

Thank you for your support!

Save    
elvis

Anna

It’s nice to go back and see the old faces who accurately predicted what a horrible thing that was waiting for us.

If that's your idea of a good time, well. It explains a lot!

Save    
elvis

“You do know you just attacked a Gold Star family?” an adviser reportedly asked Trump, who simply replied, “What’s that?”

When I read this in the OP, I thought: "That sounds like he didn't quite hear what the reporter said the first time." I wonder if he reporter did him the courtesy of explaining what he just asked (and so politely!), or if he just ran with his narrative. Oh, wait...

3 Likes Save    
sableincal

It's an amusing read, but I'm surprised that this thread didn't vanish (just as Tibbrix did only a day or two later). So many insults hurled back and forth!

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

It's an amusing read, but I'm surprised that this thread didn't vanish (just as Tibbrix did only a day or two later). So many insults hurled back and forth!

Yes, I was surprised to see this also.

Some on here like to think these insults never existed??

Some like to re write history;)

I prefer "when people show you who they are, believe them" to stand;)

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Hillary has been exonerated.

Years and $$$Millions yet nothing was found.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Hillary should write a book.

The Art of the Cover Up.

A guide on how to bury.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

It's an amusing read

Disagree. Seeing tibb’s name so much triggered PTSD. But I’ve been missing Cait. Where’s Cait?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Has Trump apologized to the Khans?

2 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

"I've had tremendous success"...... ooooh the pain, the pain.

Save    
elvis

Years and $$$Millions yet nothing was found.

True, for a couple who "left the White House dead broke", the Clintons are swimming in money. The truth will come out, probably after they're gone and truly buried.

_________

But I’ve been missing Cait. Where’s Cait?

Fire relief work, last I heard. She's pretty busy, I guess.

1 Like Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Good for Cait. I'd forgotten where she lives.

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

"The truth will come out, probably after they're gone and truly buried."

Hope springs eternal eh' lurker.

Ha, caught it just in time........

Save    
queenmargo

I see the comment by a poster that insulted me since this thread has returned is now gone. Perhaps the light bulb went on as to why this thread was returned. Lessons from the past is why we need the past, so we don't repeat the past;)

It also reminds us of how short memories can be. Sometimes we need a reminder.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

BINGO

Save    
catkinZ8a

Come back cait1!

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

No bingo. We can’t delete posts that far back. If something is missing someone flagged it. Or two someones.

ETA - and it looks like we can’t flag our own posts.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Special Report: Kitchen News from Cologne
Blended Kitchen-Living Rooms, Super-Skinny Counters and Hidden Appliances Are Headed This Way
Full Story
Landscape Design A Modern Backyard Trumps the Texas Heat
New shaded areas offer a respite in an outdoor Houston living room, while a fire pit re-creates fond memories
Full Story