FBI Investigation reopened

mrskjun(9)

Comey just announced reopening of the investigation of Hillary's use of a private email server. It seems some new emails have been uncovered that warrant this.

SaveComment604Like2
Comments (604)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"mrskjun, I don't mind be corrected when I'm wrong, but I do when I'm not.The letter comey sent was to 8 congressional committee chairs, all republican."

Not in dispute. However, the letter ALSO went to the eight Democrats serving on those committees. Hillary left out that part. Were you under the impression the letter went only to Republicans, or did you know better?

Save    
lynartist
Dublinbay, of course each party has their issues! As a liberal you sound shockingly intolerant! I thought liberals were all about tolerance! You also have a very narrow minded view of what most conservatives believe in. Contrary to what you may think we are not all narrow minded heathens! You do yourself a disservice by not opening up your mind to different ideas. We are so sick of everyone pounding the Roe v Wade drum! Everyone knows that is not going anywhere. It's like this ridiculous battle cry on both sides to incite a riot. Most conservatives would be more than happy to have it stand but not have to have their tax dollars pay for it . Pretty simple. We are for smaller government interference; and less gov. Spending. Self determination. It's not so complicated. It's not evil . We want to empower people with good jobs and opportunities just like you!
3 Likes Save    
ohiomom

tax dollars DO NOT pay for abortions

3 Likes Save    
lynartist
What chance does a county have if we cannot even be honest with ourselves! Do I think our candidate is great? Hell no! If you can't even be honest enough to accept that HC has some problems ( which her inner staff concedes she does) then we at lost! Not saying you shouldn't vote for her! Just shaking my head at the absurdity of this whole election cycle and wondering what the he!!
Save    
lynartist
They do through the funding of planned parenthood.
2 Likes Save    
Ann

Exactly lynartist! Lots of new comments since the one I'm talking about but I'm referring to the longer comment describing Republicans.

Save    
Ann

Most Republicans want nothing more than the ability to make our own choices in our lives rather than having an oppressive government telling us what we have to do. We just want to take care of ourselves as much as possible. We're not looking to get on the welfare rolls and drain our country's financial resources.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I also don't want to the government to fund planned parenthood. I want those unborn babies to live.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Justice officials warned FBI that Comey’s decision to update Congress was not consistent with department policy WP

Save    
Kathy

How does forcing women to have a baby play into being able to make choices...I never could understand that arguement?

Save    
ohiomom

because women must be punished for their sexuality kathy, even trump says so

Save    
azmom

"Most Republicans want nothing more than the ability to make our own choices in our lives rather than having an oppressive government telling us what we have to do. "

"I also don't want to the government to fund planned parenthood. I want those unborn babies to live."

These two statements are contradict to each other. Sounds to me you don't want others to mind your own business, but you have no problem to force your believe on to others.

You use 'unborn babies' to back up your belief. Yet you should know that "unborn babies' have different definitions and implications in different scenarios and cases.

Which one is your position?

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

"They do through the funding of planned parenthood."

Wrong. Abortion clinics are not dependent on the funding of Planned Parenthood.

Ann, the Republicans you describe do not make up that base of support you depend from the right-wingers, especially the religious/anti-choice/anti-marriage equality Republicans--without whom, the Republicans would never come close to winning races--which is why the Repub Party keeps bowing to the will of the t-partiers and religionist right-wingers (ask Boehner about having to do that--before he gave up in disgust and resigned), because that is the only way they can get enough votes to prevail (sometimes).

And then folks like you wonder why folks like me associate Repubs with those far-right extremists and not with folks like you. Your Repub Party suffers severely from a case of the right-wing tail wagging the Party dog. Time you admit the "reasonable" Repubs. have not been in control of the Repub. Party since the days of the so-called Moral Majority, but even less so lately.

Kate

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

PP sends women to abortion centers if that is their desire

Abortions represent 3 percent of total services provided by Planned Parenthood, and roughly 10 percent of its clients received an abortion. The group does receive federal funding, but the money cannot be used for abortions by law.

2 Likes Save    
Nothing Left to Say

Federal government funding does not pay for abortions at planned parenthood. Planned parenthood provides many services. In states where planned parenthood has been forced to close offices, unplanned pregnancies and std rates have gone up.

The single most effective measure in reducing abortions is increasing access to birth control. If you are truly opposed to abortion, you should support measures that increase access to birth control. Putting all of your efforts into increasing access to birth control is the thing you can do to reduce abortions.

4 Likes Save    
lynartist
Sigh, nobody is forcing anyone Kathy. We just don't want to PAY for it. I hear the Clinton foundation has some cash on hand. Maybe they can fund planned parenthood.
3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

When do we switch to transgender bathrooms? Or nativity scenes on government property? Cleveland's up by one. Can I call them the Indians?

1 Like Save    
ohiomom

TY Sistahs, hard to type right now but it is good to have the sisterhood of truth to back meup

Save    
ohiomom

TRIBE is 2-1 YIPPEEEEEE

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

lynartist, you are not paying for it.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Do we need to go thru the whole pro-birth pro-life controversy again? Big difference. I don't see any Reps supporting the children they want born who are maimed and families can't get medical help...another story...

2 Likes Save    
lynartist
Most Republicans I know are very moderate! Not at all the image you liberals seem to have etched in your heads! Most of the democrats that I know( I'm from the NE)! Are far more moderate too. We are really not that far apart on issues at all. The hot button issues that seem to drive the election are not the ones that seem to be the ones of real concern. Most people just vote for either party because that is what they have always done! " I have been a democrat my whole life, my folks were democrats on one on.." and likewise for republicans! Ha, it's like family tradition! Heck my husbands grandfather was a card carrying communist back in the 1920's! Not so unusual back then! His whole family were democrats! Still are. Not a problem. Sooner or later we all need to talk to somebody that thinks differently than us without being rude and calling each other liars:(
Save    
Kathy

So many are misinformed but keep repeating the same mantra. This is the very propaganda used to divide the parties. It is really hard to talk to people who will not do any research for themselves and rely only on what their leaders say to sway them.

Save    
lynartist
And honestly Kathy, to assume that if you are a conservative and don't care about children....:( I am not a very religious person so am not one of those crazy right wingers. I am however a practical person! I like to think that looking at things objectively gets you better results in the long run. I'm sad.....
Save    
azmom

Why Republican Party does not put more focus on BORNED Babies?

Such as providing assistance and funding to Child Care, Early Childhood Development, Maternity Leave, Education for all level of schools, Affordable college education, STEAM programs...etc.

Only giving births yet not raise kids right is a fault proof formula of creating stupid population. Republican's solution is to use more jails and death penalty to fix the problem they create. Brilliant!

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I never said they don't care about children...but they need to put their money where their mouth is. it is not good enough to feed their own and educate their own. I see a me not them mentality and I don't like it. It is selfish and self serving.

Save    
Kathy

Lyn, how can anything be resolved if it is not discussed. Obviously there are different sides of an issue. For someone to state catagorically they are against something yet will not listen to any solutions is not productive. If we are going to deprive women of free choice we must be ready to take on the burden we supported. Adoption, medical care, etc.

Save    
azmom

lyna,

All the liberals I know are moderate.

They are progressive, well educated and informed, high tolerant with forward thinking and global outlook. They make decisions on their party affiliation, never heard any one of them following the so called Family Tradition, as the results they may choose the same party as their parents.

1 Like Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I still think the timing of this reopened investigation is bizarre....

Save    
Kathy

Most Reps I know are just like me, family folk who are working hard to support their families. And most are following family tradition of party. I used to be Rep too, that is what my family was due to business concerns. In those days it was business vs workers. Underneath all the smoke and mirrors it still is. Therefore I am now a Democrat.

The moral issues are side issues to draw in voters from the fringes. Thus as someone said Teaparty and now with Trump alt right. Hillary leaned more progressive because of pressure from Bernie. So we are getting more polarized because of the side issues. Not good.

Save    
Ann

Dublinbay, you used the word religious like it's a bad thing. I'm not a religious person but I have some friends and family that are and they are wonderful, caring, loving people. They are also tremendously charitable. Religion appears to be a wonderful thing in their lives.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Being charitable is wonderful but feeding and educating one's own is also wonderful!

3 Likes Save    
lynartist
You seem to think that conservatives don't hold those values. I have two cousins that are adopted! Making blanket statements about people is anti productive! My brother and sister in law are micro biologists who have spent their life in medical research! You people talk like conservatives are a bunch of Neanderthals. Just because we believe in a different approach does not mean we do not have the same hopes and dream for a better country! Do you think we don't want better schools and healthy children, better health care and higher paying jobs so people can get those things? Do you think it isn't also our dream to lift people out of poverty and fulfill their hopes and dreams of a better tomorrow! Beating each other up on these forums is a symptom of what is wrong with this country! Are we all not Americans first? Do we all not want what is best for our families and our country? I fear the divide is so great that it may never be breached. As I have said before, I have no love for either candidate! Sometimes a good hard look in the mirror is a healthy thing.
5 Likes Save    
Kathy

I agree Ann. I am sorry if you or anyone misinterpreted my comment as thinking you are not charitable. I am sure you mean well.

The fact that I support pro choice and you support pro life are not that different. I do not support abortion for birth control. I do support a woman to make a choice with her doctor and family to have an abortion in a safe healthy environment. Women that choose to end a pregnancy for other reasons will find a way no matter the laws.

Save    
lynartist
I will leave you all to it now as you seem to know all the answers. Nice chatting with you. Please vote!
Save    
Kathy

Very true Lyn, but it is not productive to make blanket statements about PP that have been disproved either. They have done a great service for people in remote areas that don't have alternative options for healthcare.

1 Like Save    
matthias_lang

Email #1: Hillary, you on your way? We've already put the chicken in the oven and need to know if it is too soon to toss the salad. -Huma

Hillary: We're in the limo. Traffic looks good. 5 min ETA. See ya soon. --Hillary

Email #2: Darn, left my jacket in conference room. Can't get through to Tim to ask him to put it in my office. Could you ask him if you see him?-- Huma

Hillary: Sure --Hillary

Email #3: Meeting 5:45pm Tues a go? --Huma

Hillary: On the dot. --Hillary

1 Like Save    
Ann

My pro-life belief is a very personal one. I once went to Planned Parenthood as a pregnant young lady and had an abortion in what felt like an assembly line process. I was very young and very poor but also married to the man with whom I now have two children. Without a doubt, it is my very biggest regret in my life. It brings me tremendous sadness and guilt now. We felt like it was an inconvenient time and, again, we were so poor at the time. Planned Parenthood made that decision so affordable and way, way, way too easy. I wonder how many lives end in such a quick, not considered, fashion. Planned Parenthood makes it as easy as a stop at a Burger King drive through. But, the result is ending a life. I so wish part of the procedure would have been an ultrasound so I would have heard that heartbeat. Maybe, just maybe, that would have prevented me from that horrible decision. I also so wish there would not have been that easy Planned Parenthood option. Truly, they are little more than an abortion factory.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

TY Ann for sharing...I am sure that was traumatic. I do think in those days it was different then due to the laws in place now.

I was pregnant at 16 and my doctor offered an abortion as did my parents. It was easy in those days, I agree. I refused, not due to any religious or other reason other than the fact that I was scared. I am not and never will pass judgement on anyone who had an abortion as I know many who did. I believe if we could discuss this openly we have much more in common than not.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

So will Comey clear this up or just leave everyone with a vague insinuation?

1 Like Save    
Ann

Kathy, the problem is that it wasn't nearly as traumatic as it should have been then. But, it was later and now. It should have never, ever happened. I wish Planned Parenthood would not have been there! My other point is that this is not necessarily a carefully thought out decision by a sensible woman. It can be a quick and not carefully thought out decision by a frightened and overwhelmed young lady. Planned Parenthood made/makes it way too easy to make a life changing mistake, all in the name of pro-choice. I hate that organization and my terrible decision that made me walk in their door.

I think the Republicans are on the right side of this issue and I think society is beginning to agree with this side. If I'm not mistaken, the polls are showing that pro-life advocates are gaining ground and surpassing pro-choice advocates.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

"They do through the funding of planned parenthood."

And this is an example of why I think republicans lie. No matter how many times they have been corrected, they continually repeat the same lies over and over.

Save    
Kathy

Ann, what made the difference for me as I reminisce is the fact the father was willing to marry me and support me. If circumstances had been different I may have chosen an abortion. There was no way my mom could have supported myself and a baby. A terrible choice to be sure. If not PP what would be the solution?

Save    
lynartist
I am so very sorry Ann. I would never judge anyone and forgiveness is of course the basis of faith. I had a family member with your same story; unfortunately she was never able to forgive herself and felt that guilt her whole life. I think my biggest problem with the pro life movement is its lack of understanding of what happens afterwards. Will they provide mental health services for however long it takes to get over the loss. Bless you for sharing your very personal story!
2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Ann, you had a choice whether or not to terminate your pregnancy. Based on your current regret, you now want to deny other women the ability to choose what you freely chose. Their experience will be their own, separate and probably completely different than your own.

Eliminating PP funding also eliminates low-cost family planning services including birth control -- which greatly reduces the need for abortions. This makes no sense.

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

Curious here, does PP offer other solutions? Adoption? Maternity care and expenses? Medical care for a special needs child? Do we as a concerned citizens help a woman through this process if they want to keep a child? There used to be homes for unwed mothers and adoption was more prevalent for unwed mothers. What do we offer them today? I am at a loss here.

i am not proposing the solutions be the responsibility of PP, merely asking what are we offering as alternatives to abortion as a society.

Save    
Ann

Nancy, I don't want to deny anyone anything. I just want those babies to live and wish mine would have had that opportunity, had it not been for the terrible choice of mine. While I agree each woman will have her own experience, different from mine, I also assure you millions of them will feel the terrible guilt and regret I do. Also, millions of children will lose the opportunity to live, an opportunity you and I were lucky enough to get. I hate how easy PP made it for me to make that mistake. The mistake was mine but PP was right there to help me make it. It was free and done before I could blink an eye.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

As far as birth control, I'm completely in favor of it. It's great if the government gives it free of charge to anyone. We certainly don't need PP for that. PP is an abortion warehouse.

3 Likes Save    
Margo

So Kathy, how can you stand behind Planned Parenthood, as you seem to know nothing about them????????????

Save    
jillinnj

Sooner or later we all need to talk to somebody that thinks differently than us without being rude and calling each other liars:(

When someone tells lies, they are a liar. You may not like it but that's just the way it is. And it doesn't matter if we're on the same or opposite sides of the political aisle.

Here's an example for you:

They do through the funding of planned parenthood

Now, I don't think you've been around here very long so I don't actually know if you're lying or just grossly misinformed. Read Kate's post above. Do your own research and become informed. Your tax dollars do not pay for abortion. Not one single penny goes toward abortion.

If you continue to post this statement, then I'll know you are lying.

Save    
Kathy

I do not have experience going to them but I know they served many women in areas and cases where the women could not afford medical care. I know many college aged women go to them for birth control. I know they serve remote areas that do not have alternate medical care. I do not know from first hand experience if they offered referrals to adoption agencies or such. I wonder if all the people against them know either?

2 Likes Save    
labrea_gw

'you liberals '

LOL`

Save    
jillinnj

Ann - you may regret your abortion. That's your experience, and I'm sorry you made a choice that you now regret. But it was your choice.

There are many woman who made that choice and it was the right choice for them. Their pregnancy could have been from a rape, incest, or they were just too young or poor to afford a baby. The reason doesn't matter. Everyone has the right to make that choice for themselves without interference by people that think they know better.

Just because you regret your choice does not give you the right to try and take that choice away from others.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

I know women who have had backroom abortions, women that were to afraid to go to their parents or doctor. That is enough for me to support a woman's choice.

Save    

Ann, you are wrong -- we do need PP for birth control.

Eliminating funding for PP without another program in existence that offers low-cost family planning is a terrible disservice to women.

You want to punish other women for what you consider your own mistake. PP did not make you choose to terminate your pregnancy. Your guilt projection -- no funding for PP --has the potential of denying millions of women its medical services; breast cancer screenings, cervical exams, Pap smears, testing for STDs, birth control. Why punish others for a decision that you freely made?

Edited to add: PP is NOT an abortion warehouse. Most importantly, no federal funds to PP pay for abortions. PP is regularly audited, and there is no evidence of federal funds being used inappropriately.

3 Likes Save    
ann_t

I wonder how many women who are against abortion for other women have had one themselves? Interesting that they took care of the situation they found themselves in and yet would now prevent another woman from having the same option.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

I also assure you millions of them will feel the terrible guilt and regret I do.

You are making assumptions that feed the fear (the you-will-regret-it-later fear). Women will have abortions no matter, whether they are legal or safe. Increasing the availability of birth control (which PP does and one of the best reasons to keep them in business) is the best approach, but there will always be someone that wants to have an abortion.

Let women have a choice and safe access to the procedure (most of which are done within the first 11 weeks).

3 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

For conservatives to blame the system that gave them choices seems incongruous. That's what's been stated above - wanting to live free of government interference. Which includes letting people make their own mistakes. I sincerely do not get blaming an institution for your regret.

Comey's letter stated "in the middle of an election" This is not the middle. He may have been between a rock and a hard place, but then again FBI investigations are not done while the public watches. Comey's announcement of HRC email conclusion should have been made by the DOJ. Comey inserted himself then and because he did he felt he needed to insert himsellf now.

Read Newsweek online to understand what the emails actually are. And how HRC is not involved.

1 Like Save    
Margo

You know what is truly sick, someone comes on here to express their feelings of their experience with Planned Parenthood as a teenager. Yet some of you want to attack this person in a back handed way by saying she made her choice. SHE WAS A TEEN, YOUNG, POOR, VULNERABLE, and planned parenthood made it easy. You are so dead set on your hatred of anyone that is not liberal minded. Why not just state your love of Planned Parenthood without addressing the person who shared THEIR story. Some of you better join the Tin Man in his search for a heart!

3 Likes Save    

Margo, the objections that I've read on this thread are to Ann's proposal to eliminate funding for PP.

1 Like Save    
chloe203

Comey has previous involvement with Clinton investigations.

He was deputy special counsel to the Senate Whitewater Committee in the 1990s.

He also was involved in the criminal investigation of Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich and 175 other last minute pardons.

Interesting!

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Planned Parenthood serves the poor. They have expertise in birth control, and health screening. This is what they do. Abortions are a minimal portion of what their client's need. It is not an abortion warehouse.

BTW, the morning after pill has been available for decades and does reduce the need for abortion.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Nancy- in your comment you said *Ann wants to punish other women for what she considers her own mistake*. Ann is not trying to punish anyone. Ann is trying to help save many young girls from the same mistake. Why make abortion so easy?

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

It will be interesting to see the Dept of Justice address Comey and the FBI.

Save    
lily316

Ann, just because you made a choice you now regret, that's not on Planned parenthood. There are very many other women who make this choice and have never regretted it. I know two of them. They would never have achieved what they wanted in life if they were burdened with an unwanted baby. They are successful women with kids and grandkids and have NO regrets. I, nor my daughter and granddaughter, have ever had to make this choice, but if my daughter came to me pregnant at 16, I would have taken her to PP if that's what was her decision. She would never have had the wonderful career she has had nor the son she could afford to send to an Ivy school if she was saddled with a baby as a teen.

Save    
Margo

Remember having sex is a choice too?

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

No one is attacking anyone who has had an abortion. We're dealing with today and now and a candidate who wants to take away women's rights. Calling PP an abortion warehouse is not correct. That's what people are saying here.

Save    

Margo, Ann is indeed proposing to punish other women when she wants PP funding eliminated. She also wants their rights abridged when proposing that it should be more difficult for a woman to have an abortion.

Save    
jillinnj

You are so dead set on your hatred of anyone that is not liberal minded.

Wrong. I, and I think many others, are dead set against one person trying to enforce their beliefs on others. Ann is entitled to feel how she does, and as I said I'm sorry she regrets her decision (did you miss that part? does that sound like hatred to you?) but that does not give her the right to try and take that right away from others.

IMO, a better way would be to work hard to ensure everyone has easy and cheap/free access to birth control so that less women are in the unfortunate position she was of having to make that choice. Certainly better than trying to take that right of choice that she had away.

I suggest you actually read what people have written and not what you think they wrote. I didn't see any hatred posted.

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

Why make abortion so easy?

Wrong question. The question is why make abortion so hard? No other legal procedure is so hard.

Stay out of other people's choices for their own bodies. It's as simple as that.

1 Like Save    
Margo

It should be more difficult to have an abortion.

Save    
Margo

Well, if one has free choice over their own bodies , then I am sure you must support suicide, right?

Save    

A woman's right to choose is the law of the land. Each woman makes her own decision.

Save    

If suicidal impulses come from untreated mental illness, the illness should be treated.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

SCOTUS hasn't ruled on 'assisted suicide', but states have. I imagine that they will sometime in the future.

Save    
Margo

Wonder if the person has no mental illness, and just wants to die?

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I should hope Planned Parenthood "makes it easy " to get their services. What do you want? If I ask them for a breast cancer exam, they should make it hard for me by trying to argue me out of it? If I want a test for STDs, they should argue with me against it? If I want a "well baby" check up for my baby, they should refuse to do it until I gave evidence that I have seriously thought about it and really meant it? If I want birth control (more than a condom), they should try to convince me not to get it?

PP offers LEGAL services at reduced costs, services often needed by our poorest citizens. Why should PP try to talk people out of letting them provide the legal services they were set up to deliver? That argument makes no sense.

If you want to be talked out of getting an abortion, go to an anti-abortion rights place. They will happy to oblige you.

Otherwise, forgive yourself for having made a decision when you were a teenager that you no longer approve of. Forgive yourself, woman--don't sniffle today like whiney teenager and accuse PP of "You made me do it."

Nobody made you do it. You made your own decision. Now live with it--and forgive yourself since you feel so guilty NOW about the decision you freely made back then.

Studies have repeatedly shown that the overwhelming majority of women who got abortions do NOT later regret them.

You are the exception, and I'm serious--since you changed your mind later in life, forgive your teenage self for not having had the foresight to embrace your later views in life.

Kate

1 Like Save    
Margo

NO KATE, Ann was NOT the exception. I too made this mistake. I too regret it. There are many who probably just choose to not share. The point being if the procedure were not so easy, perhaps we would have chose not to have the abortion.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

According to Roe v Wade, it is a woman's individual RIGHT to choose or not to choose to have an abortion.

It is none of your business what other women choose to do or not to do. So quit trying to proselytize for your cause on this forum. That is not what this forum is for--and IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHETHER OTHER WOMEN DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU ON THE ISSUE OF ABORTION RIGHTS.

And quit changing the subject.

Kate

Save    
jillinnj

Losing the argument, making false statements about "hatred" and get called out on them, change the subject to something else. Oh look shiny!

Typical.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

And Margo, those of you who regret your choice are still the exception to the rule--and still have no right to interfere with American women's constitutional right to choose to have an abortion--and with no input from you just because you have a different view.

Kate

Save    
Iris GW

It should be more difficult to have an abortion.

And that is you imposing your thoughts on other people's lives and decisions. How is that the right thing to do (imposing your thoughts on their choices)?

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

I regretted that color I painted my room once. That color should not be so easy to get! Hey, I'm just trying to save others the pain of painting their room the wrong color!

This is what passes for logic in some circles.

Save    
Margo

OR maybe there are many of you who have had the abortions and are not willing to dare go there. Maybe denial??

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Good point, jill. When you put it that way, the absurdity of that argument is patently clear!

Kate

Save    
Margo

jillinnj- comparing an abortion to painting a room, is the exact reason I knew your comment to Ann came from a hateful place.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Kate, I think you're being extremely flippant about a serious issue of "abortion regret" and I think you've just been terribly disrespectful to someone who has shared a personal experience. I personally know women who talk about their experience quite matter-of-factly and they'd fit into those studies you mention, but I also have first hand experience with majorly scarred lives. Now, unlike Ann, this hasn't driven me pro life by any stretch, but I do have concerns about the pre-procedure counseling at PP. What I don't have is an answer, because I agree that a woman should be able to get an abortion without hassle, if that's what she desires.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Now I see why some of you are drawn to the swamp that needs to be drained.

Save    

My fault for taking the bait on suicides.

Contrast the criticism of the 'nanny state' when First Lady Michelle Obama proposes healthy school lunches, and the acceptance of Ann's proposal to impose her values on all U.S. women; i.e., making abortions harder to obtain -- for the good of the pregnant women.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Judgments shouldn't be made about who discloses a personal fact or chooses not to. The point is that it's private - a woman's choice, and also her choice to talk about it or not. Regret for decisions made in life is common and you do have to deal with it. imo it's projection to blame an institution for regrets and doesn't leave you with any resolution and closure.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Margo, I can assure you that the moderators of this forum do not want it to descend into these kinds of arguments over abortion. They personally communicated that attitude when I asked why they had pulled a thread that had gotten quite contentious about abortion. They said they had even considered banning all talk about abortion on this forum because the arguments would get too enflamed. They restored the thread in question when I pointed out that we had been discussing some "current event"--namely, some legislation about abortion that several states had just passed. The moderators agreed that that was probably acceptable--but they left the "warning" about not arguing at length about the more general and abstract question of whether abortion should or shouldn't be legal.

Therefore, I suggest we drop this topic for the moment. I will never convince you to give up your belief, and you will never get me to give up my belief--so we are at stalemate and might as well let the matter go--before we all receive a "warning" from the management.

Kate

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Anyone that really cares about reducing the number of abortions would be working hard to make birth control readily available. But they don't. They support the party that wants to make that as difficult as possible too. That's why you're not believable. Seems to me the hatred comes from people who want to take away other people's rights.

I'm quite certain anyone of any intelligence would understand my comment and that it does not equate choosing a paint color to having an abortion.

Save    
jillinnj

FOAS - I totally disagree with you. Kate is standing up for a woman's right to choose. Someone who regrets making that decision does not then have the right to try and take it away from someone else. There are ways to help other woman who might find themselves in that position without taking away their right to make the choice they had the right to make.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

That's a hop skip in logic. A simplistic analogy in order to show illogic does not equal "hate" and going on from there to generalizing that pro-choice people are drawn to a swamp. What swamp?? I'm not seeing any of those connections.

Save    
foodonastump

Jill - You seem to have missed the point of my objection. But I agree with you, one woman's abortion regret should not interfere with another woman's right to choose.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

For the record nancy, it was not bait. You just needed to wiggle out from having to answer... pivot....

Save    
jillinnj

Yes, FOAS, I guess I did. I didn't see Kate being flippant. I saw her standing up to one person thinking they should take away other's rights.

Save    
jillinnj

That's a hop skip in logic. A simplistic analogy in order to show illogic does not equal "hate" and going on from there to generalizing that pro-choice people are drawn to a swamp. What swamp?? I'm not seeing any of those connections.

Yes, exactly. Yet it's those darn liberals that are so hateful.

Save    

OK, Margo, let's call it deflection from Ann's proposal to limit a woman's reproductive rights.

Save    
Margo

Naaaah _ jillinj nope, I think you feel the comparison is just that.

Save    
Margo

I wasn't deflecting Nancy, I was expanding upon the right to choose what to do with one's body.

Save    
Margo

Which you still have not answered.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I assure you--I was not being flippant. I was very, very sincere--passionately so. I never take this subject lightly--especially when it is about someone interfering in any way with a woman's constitutional right to freedom of choice--her constitutional abortion rights.

Those who object should not have abortions. That is their right to choose also. And I mean that very, very sincerely also--passionately so. I do not believe any woman should be forced against her will to have an abortion.

Kate

P.S. Thanks for the words of support, Jill. : )

2 Likes Save    

Margo, the discussion is whether defunding PP -- as Ann proposes -- is an appropriate action given that no federal funds are used for abortions, and that PP provides other medical services to women besides abortion referrals.

I maintain that defunding PP is punishing women, given the negative effects that will follow.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)
  1. Kurt Eichenwald ‏@kurteichenwald 14h14 hours ago

...to begin with, because it was inappropriate precedent set. Then it set him up for what he did today, and because he knew how angry...

More

2. Kurt Eichenwald ‏@kurteichenwald 14h14 hours ago

...his original decision to lay out info on clinton case, then opine on what it meant outside of criminal findings, infuriated these folks..

Inside the FBI there are angry staffers who feel Comey is damaging the FBI's reputation - which hasn't been good in the past. Comey stepped out of his proper role when he reported on the HRC email investigation findings. And continued further out by adding his personal and biased opinion. So, he set a precedent with the GOP. Not reporting this new batch of emails - which did not come from HRC and probably do not involve HRC - would breach the precedent he set in July. So, Comey has got himself into this mess. He needs to clarify and fast.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

The newly discovered emails were not withheld by the Clinton campaign, the sources said, and it was not clear whether Clinton sent or received anything in the new pool of documents.

Save    
jillinnj

Naaaah _ jillinj nope, I think you feel the comparison is just that.

I'm not surprised you do. Like I said before:

I'm quite certain anyone of any intelligence would understand my comment and that it does not equate choosing a paint color to having an abortion.

puremichigan got it -- A simplistic analogy in order to show illogic...

Save    
Margo

LOL

Save    
purrmichigan(5)
  1. Kurt Eichenwald ‏@kurteichenwald 15h15 hours ago

Word from inside @FBI. FURIOUS at Comey, think he's mishandled public revelations from get go. "Outrageous incompetence" one agent told me.

2 Likes Save    

puremichigan, thanks for the Eichenwald tweets.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Exactly, Jill. And puremichigan.

Kathy, the newly discovered emails tell us nothing, as you point out--because no one has reviewed them yet, so no one knows what they say or to whom or from whom. Or whether they were all captured at the other end in the previous sweeps and the new laptop material is simple repetition of already known info. WE KNOW NOTHING--except that the laptop was Wieners and Huma sometimes posted from it. We don't even know if she posted "business" or social/private matters. WE KNOW NOTHING.

Kate

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Well, I would hope they've reviewed them by NOW. How long does it take to read them?

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

There are thousands and they will have to be read in detail, designated important or not and all of that will involve chains of command. It won't happen by election.

Save    
Kathy

All this time they are reading Weiner emails and they just discovered this? Geez,

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

In spite of knowing nothing, GOP is imagining the worst of HRC and they've lost credibility when doing so. Trump states that he loves Wikileaks. I guess he loves interference of a foreign power in the U.S. domestic interests. I'm so freaking glad I grew up where my thoughts and opinions counted and parents had open, sane discussions about politics because it has kept me away from authoritarian figures like Trump.

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

The Weiner emails were found on Thursday. I doubt they've been read at all, yet.

Save    
tibbrix

"Comey just announced reopening of the investigation of Hillary's use of a private email server."

FALSE

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

How long have they been investigating him. This is the first they have looked at his laptop? Hmm...

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Not that long, Kathy. it's because of his lewd and probably illegal emails to underage girls. He and his wife used a common computer and so her emails were discovered. On thursday.

Save    
tibbrix

why do we hear this nothingness but we've never heard that the FBI is investigating any connection between the Trump campaign and the Russian hacking of US emails?

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

I did read where they have to get a court order to read them but that shouldn't take long.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Nothing about: Trump Foundation, Trump taxes, Trump campaign (can't believe they've got a "Boris" on staff ;-)

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Good question, Kathy.

Save    
chase_gw

Kathy, the process is much more complicated than one may think.

The key issue is seems to be whether there is any classified information in the emails. If there is then Huma stored them and perhaps distributed them inappropriately.

The FBI needs to determine the classification of the contents. However, FBI agents don't know what information is considered classified and what isn't, so the process is to send the emails to the State department who reviews them and often consults with the "owner" of the information . That takes time, lots of time.

We won't know until after the election.

Comey, really needs to come forward with more info. How many emails, how did they find them, why now, who was the originator , was Hillary involved in the actual emails, what specifically are they looking for, are they duplicates.

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

Zzzzzzzzzzz.....

Save    
Iris GW

So what does what Huma did with emails that she got have to do with Clinton? I think intelligent people will see this for the non-candidate related bunk that it is. It's like saying that Trump should be under investigation for hiring a guy that used to work for Russians.

Save    
chase_gw

If Hillary was neither a recipient nor a sender AND if they are duplicate emails......then it has ZERO to do with Hillary.

That's what Comey needs to say now....

Was Hillary Clinton a recipient or a sender ? That would not take long to determine. If she wasn't people need to know.

How many emails are there and how many are new emails vs duplicates? That wouldn't take long either.

Whether the information was classified or not is going to take a long time BUT there are other details Comey could release that would help the voter understand what is going on.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

And it's the weekend, the media are repeating the little info they have over and over, making suppositions, and at the earliest would be Monday for Comey to make another statement. All with 11 days before a monumental election.

Save    
tibbrix

I'm hearing mostly that it's bogus, unprecedented, counter to how the DOJ operates, and reckless of Comey to have done this.

I think most people see this for what it is.

I'm also unsure why Comey is getting the heat. Can someone explain it for me? He wrote a letter to Congress. He didn't make it public, right? Wouldn't it have been Congressional Republicans who put this out there?

3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

I read in the NYT that they seized Weiner's laptop a month ago.

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

He didn't even cc HRC. I'm sure he knew when writing it that it would be made public. Don't know if he could have made it classified information, but doubt it. The precedent he set when coming before Congress to announce results of HRC's email, instead of DOJ doing that, and telling Congress this was the end of the emails, he felt he had to then tell them that now there were more emails. He politicized an investigation from the get go.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I don't understand that. They would have gone thru all the emails by now if that were true.

Save    
tibbrix

Krugman suggesting that Comey is trying to swing election not for Trump but for the down ballot Republicans.

I admit that I am gobsmacked to learn that the FBI has been investigation potential ties between Trump campaign and Russian/Assange email hacking, emails which HAVE been used to influence the election, which WERE hacked illegal...UNLIKE Clinton's.

This is so bogus. Something is really wrong here, and I think it's going to backfire on Comey and Republicans.

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Democrats are requesting an investigation as they should. Don't think FBI has said yes or no.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Trump says he loves WikiLLeaks so I'm assuming he's okay with a foreign government involved in our internal affairs. Cause that's what it is.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

LOL, In July Comey was the best thing since the invention of white bread, now he's scum in the tank for republicans.

It seems that in a sworn statement to the FBI, Huma swore that she had given up all devices that had any State Dept. emails. Evidently she lied. Par for the course. And she also had an email address through Clinton's private server.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

You really have a nerve Mrs after the insinuations you have made against Comey.

"It seems that in a sworn statement to the FBI, Huma swore that she had given up all devices that had any State Dept. emails."

Got some facts to back that up?

2 Likes Save    
tibbrix

That is a double edged sword, mrskjun.

Your cherry picking is duly noted, per usual.

In fact, these are NOT the same thing, at all, because July was a finding Republicans just didn't like, but a very reasonable one. Anyone who believes HRC was acting against the US is insane and not credible.

But what came out yesterday is NOTHING, no info., no accusations, no material at all.

And no, according to Comey, she did not lie. but listen, you just keep making crap up. It' what you do, while griping about ONE person lying while having no problems at all with others lying.

Ignore this, mrskjun, per usual with inconvenient info.:

Comey: Clinton did not lie to the FBI

By NICK GASS

07/07/16 10:47 AM EDT

Hillary Clinton did not lie to FBI investigators during their probe into her use of a private server as secretary of state, FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday.

"We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI," Comey told House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) during one of the hearing's opening exchanges.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/james-comey-clinton-not-lie-fbi-225212#ixzz4OVzGcGlh
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Save    
althea_gw

This from WaPost addresses some of the questions concerning the case.

"Officials familiar with Comey’s thinking said the director on
Thursday faced a quandary over how to proceed once the emails, which
number in the thousands and may duplicate some of those already
reviewed, were brought to his attention.

While the FBI had legal
authority to search Weiner’s laptop for evidence related to his case of
sexting a minor, it could not seize emails related to the Clinton server
case. That would require a separate search warrant or the consent of
the people whose emails were gathered.

Comey had just been
briefed by a team of investigators who were seeking access to the
emails. The director knew he had to move quickly because the information
could leak out.
"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-officials-warned-fbi-that-comeys-decision-to-update-congress-was-not-consistent-with-department-policy/2016/10/29/cb179254-9de7-11e6-b3c9-f662adaa0048_story.html

This sounds reasonable to me. I don't think this will have any effect on the election.

Save    
tibbrix

there is a 60-day rule in the DOJ that info. that might influence an election should NOT be released.

THIS is that.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

So when is the investigation of the child rape case against Trump which starts in December?

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I don't understand why this wasn't brought to Comey's attention a month ago. If that's how long they've had Weiner's computer. And why wouldn't those two grant permission and of course then HRC would have known. More confused than ever.

He put himself in this spot because he politicized the email investigation. DOJ should have been before Congress, not Comey.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Comey went against DOJ in this. DOJ supported the 60 day rule. Worried about leaks? That's an internal FBI problem then - don't make that the country's problem.

Save    
tibbrix

"lily316

So when is the investigation of the child rape case against Trump which starts in December?"

And why aren't they making us aware of maybe, possibly, don't know yet, could be nothings int hat case, since that now seems to be how things work?

Save    
tibbrix

"Evidently she lied. Par for the course. "

Ugh.

Save    
tibbrix

And may I point out to mrskjun and others that HRC's response to this was NOT to trash Comey or accuse him of political motives, but solely to ask him to release as much info. as possible so that voters are armed with info. and know what he's talking about. In other words, she is asking him to be transparent.

Meanwhile, Little Donnie over there spent the last four months trashing Comey, accusing him of being in the tank for HRC, accusing him of "rigging the election"...and now has decided that Comey isn't such a bad guy, that he suddenly has courage...

In other words, Trump, per usual, goes for personality and only in the context of what HE likes or what he thinks helps or hurts HIM.

Such a buffoon, that man.

3 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

There are so many examples of poor character with DT. Factual, his words. He gets so many passes. Our institutions need to get their act together - the media can start by not coddling DT. If you're interviewing him and he doesn't want to talk about a topic, then end the interview. - most recently George Stephanopoulos

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

puremichigan, are there any examples of GOOD character re: DT? I honestly can't think of any.

Save    
tibbrix

Stock market's going to tank on Monday due to this nonsense and fear that Trump might actually become president because of this.

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

I think this was motivated by Jason Chavetz or whatever his name is,,,the Right Wing Mormon ideologue/self appointed Clinton investigator and Clinton hater. He and his Republican pals must have been high fivin' after they came up with this idea and sold it to the FBI.

I would not be surprised if charges are brought against Huma Abedin and Hillary for obstruction of justice for not turning over emails, or some such nonsense. You can indict a ham sandwich as they say.

1 Like Save    
joaniepoanie

Do you think there are that many undecideds that may now vote for Trump and win him the election? Are there really enough undecideds to sway the results? I think Hilllary supporters wont care about these new emails just like Donald supporters didn't care about the tape. I worry more about people who aren't admitting they are voting for Trump.....there could be a lot of them.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Say chase, why don't you look that up. Lot's of sources out there. Or even turn on your tv.

Aren't these Abedins emails? So why keep calling for the FBI to release them. She has every right to do that herself.

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

HRC said she thought Trump had good kids as a positive character trait. She was being generous. I see entitled. Entitled to kill wild animals and hold them up with a grotesque grin. Ivanka walks out of interviews because she's entitled to only answer what she wants to. And I hope Barron is a lot happier than he looks.

2 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Once they're in FBI custody, idk. Her estranged husband would have to agree also and I doubt he would. Good question.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Mrsk, I don't think it is up to Abedin unless or until the FBI can verify that there is no classified material stored in those emails. At least that is what I understood Comey to be saying.

Kate

Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Comey had better hope he has a good answer when they start looking into a violation of the Hatch Act for releasing this now. I suspect they will be looking at political motivation. We will see.

3 Likes Save    
joaniepoanie

Wouldn't it be interesting to know who Comey's voting for?

Save    
Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Comey donated to McCain and Romney.

Save    
joaniepoanie

Cyn....thank you.....very telling......and jives with his "careless" remark.

Save    
Kathy

Comey is a registered Republican.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I'm not surprised. It was widely known when Comey was first in charge of investigating Hillary's emails that he was a Republican, and when he didn't charge Hillary with anything and some Repubs raised an outcry (you know, like Trump crying out "rigged" or "corrupt"), it was pointed out to them that Comey had a good reputation as a conservative Republican, so it was unlikely that he favored Hillary. Most people, in other words, already knew about his political affiliation.

Kate

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I think his remarks at that hearing in July were political. He's in law enforcement. She either was going to face charges or not. Rendering his subjective opinion politicized that investigation from now on.

Save    
Kathy

This was on twitter today

Save    
Margo

Next, it will be an Obama scandal')

1 Like Save    
ann_t

Trump's DIL is giving him credit:

"Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law said the GOP nominee forced the FBI's hand after the bureau announced it was examining newly uncovered emails in Hillary Clinton's email server investigation.

"I think my father-in-law forced their hand in this,” Lara Trump said in an interview with Rita Cosby on WABC radio. “You know, he has been the one since the beginning saying that she shouldn't be able to run for president, and I commend him on that.”

“And I think if he had not put that pressure on, I don't even know if we would be seeing this happening right now."

On Friday, FBI Director James Comey revealed in a letter to lawmakers that the bureau had uncovered additional emails that are likely pertinent to its investigation into Clinton's private email server and said the agency would take the proper

Lara Trump called the new information the “nail in the coffin” for the former secretary of State.

"I just think she's had a big problem on her hands, and this is going to be, you know, the nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned,” she said."

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Trump keeps hoping that the election will be handed to him--because she will be disqualified or thrown in jail or something like that. Then Trump will not have to go through the ignominy of waiting for election results having to be counted--and finding out that he is a loser!

Kate

1 Like Save    
ohiomom

the FBI does not even have a warrant for the emails it is supposedly investigating .. but donnie says they found something significant

really????

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Law enforcement officials told CNN that the Justice Department warned FBI Director James Comey that his plans to publicly notify Congress about his bureau's review of emails that may be related to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server would be against department policy to not comment on investigations so close to the election.

Had he not written this letter on Friday, the FBI would have stood in solidarity with the DOJ. Now, Comey is on his own in this with no backing from the DOJ. Unbelievable.

4 Likes Save    
jodik_gw

And the media strikes again... and people fall right into it...

Save    
haydayhayday

"Stock market's going to tank on Monday due to this nonsense and fear that Trump might actually become president because of this."

Really? Maybe, I guess, but what makes you say that?

When the news broke on Friday, the stock market was open and reacted negatively, but just a bit.

You got some information other than what's already in the market?

Or, are you just speculating.?

Save    
tibbrix

Well, you have to admire the chutzpah of Trump and his sheep for asking Russia to hack US emails, gleefully using illegally hacked emails by a hostile foreign government to try to win a US election...while pretending to be horrified over a private server that was NOT hacked because "it could have been!"

Idiots. Charlatans.

Well, notice our ALLIES, who want Clinton to win and are horrified and terrified at a Trump presidency, have NOT hacked the RNC emails to try to influence the US election.

Trump and his boobs: "GO PUTIN! We love you! We're not quite as "law and order" as we say! Hack away, just not us!"

Exactly why Christian Times referred to Trump (and his supporters) as the Biblical definition of a fool.

Save    
haydayhayday

This episode illustrates again, I think, that looking at the bettors gives you more information than say, 538.

Seems to me that 538 uses poll data, economic data and the like to come up with the probabilities. But, does 538 find a way to account for this kind of an event?

The bettors do. The bettors were giving Trump more likelihood leading up to the event than 538. I was noticing that, even before the announcement, Trump was moving higher in the betting. Insider trading? The markets usually move before the event!

Hay

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

My bad, mrskjun...i didn't scroll and I should've. You're right.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

This is the worst kind of smear on hillary. There is nothing she can deny or refute or disprove because there is no "there" there. It's just slamming her with more suspicion on the national level. And as with most media stories, it's the headline that makes the news which people then take for their own purposes. A follow-up, even if it comes before election day, which says those emails are completely unrelated to hillary and the earlier investigation and the investigation won't be re-opened, even if he apologizes and says he shouldn't have announced anything as none of it is relevant, it will still have less impact than the headline. No matter what happens, comey will have already done his job.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I think there is no way Comey has made this announcement without the info behind it being quite big. He's a smart man, whether you like him or not and whether his actions are or were in support of your favorite candidate either now or in July.

I'm sure he simply had no choice given what he now knows. It's not his fault. Clinton is the one that made the email choices, not Comey.

1 Like Save    
labrea_gw

FBI Director James Comey acknowledged in a Friday letter to agency employees that his earlier letter to lawmakers regarding emails "pertinent to the investigation" of Hillary Clinton's private server had a "significant risk of being misunderstood."

"It would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record," Comey wrote in the letter published by the Washington Post.

Stinks to high Heavens!

3 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Except, Ann, they haven't even looked at the emails.

Stop jury rigging this.

Amazing what Trump supporters ignore while pushing NOTHING. Ugh. Americans.

Hey, read the article I put up about how Putin and Trump are comrades against democracy.

And what about the FBI investigating any connection between the Trump campaign and Russian/Wikileaks illegal hacking, Ann? You must think there is something big there, huh?

Save    
Ann

Obviously, we don't know the info yet. But let's say, for discussion purposes, that Clinton has committed a serious crime that does, beyond a doubt, both deserve and require indictment. Comey can't sit on that and allow our country to function in that kind of corrupt manner. He can't allow Americans to unknowingly elect a serious criminal to our highest office. Again, we don't know the facts, but he absolutely couldn't let something of this magnitude occur. It would be highly unethical of him. Additionally, it would unravel the very fabric of our nation. We all need to know the truth about this, even the Clinton supporters.

1 Like Save    
joaniepoanie

Yes, smells like the Republicans at work again........doing anything and everything to take Hillary down.

Save    
Margo

Well, I just learned something encouraging. tibbrix is not American;))

Save    
Ann

If Hillary is taken down, it'll be her that did it.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

"I think there is no way Comey has made this announcement without the info behind it being quite big."

Ann, I was under the same assumption on Friday. It's now Sunday morning, there's been tremendous outrage and press coverage, and we still have nothing more than we don't know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails. I, for one, am less convinced.

1 Like Save    
Ann

I strongly believe we'll get some more info early in the week. The investigation will obviously take time, but the pressure on Comey to release more info is so intense, I think he'll do what he can legally do to clear up at least some of the mystery.

1 Like Save    
joaniepoanie

Ann....she's not a serious criminal until it's proven in court. This was totally irresponsible of Comey. Really makes me believe he acted on behalf of the Republican party to smear the opposing candidate.......doesn't matter what's true and what isn't....the headline alone is causing damage. If the FBI finds nothing, their credibility is shot to hell for a long time after this fiasco. Frankly....if they do find something I'm not sure I'll believe it because now they're in a position to have to find something to save their behinds. Disgusting!

1 Like Save    
althea_gw

"the FBI does not even have a warrant for
the emails it is supposedly investigating .. but donnie says they found
something significant

really????"

I think it is better that Comey made the statement before any news on obtaining a warrant leaked. I understand there is a lot one can learn from metatdata, (don't ask me what or how), so that could be a reason to look into the matter further.

Anything Donnie says is as always irrelevant.

Save    
Iris GW

But let's say, for discussion purposes

Yes, let's say, for discussion purposes, that it is the very worst thing it could be, why don't we? Why don't we say, for discussion purposes, that there is nothing in these emails at all ....

Cause Comey has said that they haven't even read them yet so how could this be: Comey can't sit on that and

Your speculation is all one-sided, of course.

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

"Ann

I strongly believe we'll get some more info early in the week"

Really? Based on what? The no warrant to look at the emails?

I strongly believe Martians will land on earth early in the week. No reason to believe it, I just do.

Cause I want to.

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

Proof is, look at all the wishful thinking on the part of the right.

People like that are not fit to govern.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

He doesn't need a warrant tibbrix.

Save    
Ann

Of course criminality would need to be proven in court. It's possible it was irresponsible of Comey, but it would be more irresponsible of him if this information is serious enough to indict Hillary, and he now knows that. My guess is he's acting on behalf of the information and nothing else. You bet the headline is causing damage. I also agree, if the FBI finds nothing (though I think that's quite improbable due to his unprecedented announcement), their credibility will be shot. On the other hand, it the info is something of serious significance, their credibility should be and I think will be (historically) respected and appreciated.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

If Comey's improper comment on ongoing investigation changes polls, @FBI reputation as apolitical will never recover cause of his screwup.

Kurt Eichenwald tweet

Save    
Ann

IMO, Comey is not playing any game. I know many conservatives like me have always thought this email situation was very serious and I know liberals want this to go away and want Comey (and not Hillary) to be the person that is taken down. But, I think we all need to know the truth and I do not believe for a second Comey is doing anything but trying his best to do the right and ethical thing. We'll all find out soon enough.

Tibbrix, of course I don't know when more info will be released. But, Comey certainly understands what chaos his announcement has caused and I believe he'll do everything he legally can to bring whatever clarity he can to this chaos as soon as possible.

1 Like Save    
Margo

This left group *can't handle the truth*.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

If Comey is as above reproach as dems claimed he was in July, he has to know that he has put his career and his reputation on the line here. He is not a republican contrary to what keeps being posted. He left the republican party during the Bush administration. So what is your reasoning that this above reproach head of the FBI would reopen this investigation ten days before an election?

Save    
catspa_NoCA_Z9_Sunset14

Warrant is required and not yet obtained (NYT 10/30/16). From the article:

"Law enforcement officials have begun the process to get court authority to read the emails, officials said. How soon they will get that is unclear, but there is no chance that the review will be completed before Election Day, several law enforcement officials said. Many of the emails are most likely copies of messages that the F.B.I. has already read, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment publicly....

...Because of the age of the emails, many could be outside the scope of the Clinton inquiry, investigators said. And while many are probably duplicative, some would be worth reading, the F.B.I. concluded.

In conversations this month, senior Justice Department and F.B.I. officials agreed that the matter was worth pursuing. By law, though, agents and prosecutors in the Clinton investigation could not immediately read the new emails without court authority.

The authorities decided only recently to seek that approval. They do not know whether the emails contain classified information or, if they do, whether that would change their determination that nobody should be charged with mishandling it."

Save    
Ann

The truth shouldn't be swept under the rug. If there is nothing here, Clinton will get more votes than before come election day. But, if there is something serious here and it changes the polls or the vote, that's as it should be too.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

This left group *can't handle the truth*.

The truth shouldn't be swept under the rug.

The truth is not yet out there.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

A Republican SCOTUS handed a win to GWB. Why would it be surprising a Rep FBI leader would slant campaign to Trump? Is FBI investigating Russian hacking related to Trump? Are they investigating Trump University? Are they investigating Trump foundation? Biased?

Save    
Margo

Yes esh_, we are searching for the truth. You know the saying.... be careful what you look for, it just might be there ')

1 Like Save    
Ann

I sincerely hope the outcome of this situation (whatever it may be) leads our government to more ethical behavior. Serious corruption in our government is so very concerning to me as far as the future of America.

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

The problem is the timing. There's no way they are going to review these emails before the election. So Comey has announced nothing essentially. But it's a nothing that because of his announcement creates an illusion of impropriety. And he did this against all department policy, history, and advice. I find it difficult to believe he's not trying to influence the election, which would be a violation of federal law.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

The timing issue is what leads me to believe this is likely quite serious.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Don't say we can't handle the truth if it isn't even there, right Margo? Just like Trump saying that Comey found illegal things in this latest when Comey hasn't even read them!

I call that being untruthful.

Ann - how can it be serious if they haven't read them? HUH?

3 Likes Save    
susanalanandwrigley

The timing issue is what leads me to believe this is completely politically motivated.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

The timing of the issue is suspicious especially since the Dept of Justice warned Comey.

1 Like Save    
frank_il

You know the saying.... be careful what you look for, it just might be there ')

Who says that? I even tried to google that saying. No one says that.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

it's more likely "be careful for what you wish for"?

Save    
Ann

I'm off to watch "Meet the Press". It should be a most interesting episode this morning.

1 Like Save    
catspa_NoCA_Z9_Sunset14

crl_, I think you have said it perfectly. Upper-level law enforcement officials from both parties are more or less appalled at what he did.

2 Likes Save    
Margo

LOL frank_

1 Like Save    
joaniepoanie

Mrskjun.........Comey may not be a registered Republican but he donated to McCain in 2008 and Romney in 2012.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

If you care more about our systems of government than you do about electing Trump, you should be concerned about Comey's action. There's a ton of misinformation out there and on this thread. Best to know the reality.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

BREAKING: Senior Congressional Aide Says Chaffetz Tweeted Comey Letter Before Democrats Even Saw It

Save    
azmom

"So what is your reasoning that this above reproach head of the FBI would reopen this investigation ten days before an election?"

Could be many reasons, just name a few:

1. Comey is afraid of being blamed for not disclosing if there is anything "irregular" found later IF they reopened the investigation, so he just wanted to cover his behind and provided premature updates.

2. May be he enjoys spot light.

3. May be he put his own interest in front of the interest of USA.

4. May be he is too stupid to understand he is the one would get hurt the worst by his own action.

5. ...

The impact is this action woke up Hillary's supporters, they are bonding together and go out to vote, it will ensure Hillary's win.

Regardless, Comey put himself in a horrible position, he would be blamed by each party regardless the election result. Wonder what will happen to him if Hillary loses and FBI found nothing. He could get shot by Trump camp if Hillary wins as they would blame anyone and everyone.

Now Mrs, Here is a question for you, FBI has not REOPEN the case, what is your motivation of starting this Tread?

Save    
Kathy

Even though he has been a registered Republican for most of his adult life, FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday that he is no longer a registered member of the GOP.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/what-party-is-james-comey-registered-as-225223#ixzz4Oa9M1dGL

Save    
Kathy

Hear me out on this...Huma said she almost never used that laptop....could someone have hacked into it? Easy to plant emails.

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

This left group *can't handle the truth*."

From the side that has given us this guy:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/lists/people/comparing-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-truth-o-met/

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

"Trump Becomes The Biggest Liar In US Political History By Lying Once Every 3 Minutes"

By Jason Easley on Sun, Sep 25th, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Here's the reason why the Clinton campaign wants Trump fact checked in real time. Fact checkers found that over a five-day period, Donald Trump lied once every 3 minutes and fifteen seconds.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/09/25/trump-biggest-liar-political-history-lying-3-minutes.html

Save    
tibbrix

Donald Trump’s Week of Misrepresentations, Exaggerations and Half-Truths

POLITICO fact-checked both candidates for a week. This is what we found.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/2016-donald-trump-fact-check-week-214287#ixzz4OaCvtT4y

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

Donald Trump lies. All the time.

And a stunning number of people don't seem to care.

Updated by Dara Linddara@vox.com Sep 27, 2016, 11:59a

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/9/26/13016146/donald-trump-liar-media

Save    
tibbrix

Want more, Margo? There's plenty.

Let's see how well you handle those truths. My guess: not well.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I'm going out to knock on doors this afternoon and it's raining. HRC supporters, I urge you to get involved in this fight.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Good point made on "Meet the Press" - Chuck Todd was talking to Robbie Mook and Robbie Mook was saying that the campaign wants the info made public ASAP. Both Pence and Chuck Todd are saying that Huma can just release the emails. Comey might have restrictions but Huma doesn't.

1 Like Save    
Margo

My guess you will go knock on the doors with Clinton signs lol

Save    
Nothing Left to Say

But does Huma know what emails are on that computer? If someone asked me to release my emails from a device that wasn't in my possession, I'm not sure I could do that accurately.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Ann: ...Clinton has committed a serious crime that does, beyond a doubt, both deserve and require indictment. Comey can't sit on that and allow our country to function in that kind of corrupt manner...

Clinton is guilty of NO crime beyond a doubt until it is proven so in a court of law. Comey is not judge and jury and cannot function in that role for the entire nation just because it may be about a future president. The rule of law is for all people. His attempt to alter the election by innuendo IS a corruption of the process. That's why the DOJ has specific rules about not commenting on ANY investigation and especially if it is within 60 days of the election. Silence about an ongoing investigation is not a corruption of the process. Should hillary get elected and then it be proven in a court of law that she is in fact guilty, then there is a process in this country by which a president is removed from office. The law provides for it and the law is what needs to be respected here.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I do not believe for a second Comey is doing anything but trying his best to do the right and ethical thing.

He's already done the unethical thing twice. You can believe what you want. I believe he is in over his head and just trying to cover his own butt. I'm sure the heat he felt from the gop after july was intense and now they've convinced him to undo some of what he did then.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Tens of thousands emails on a laptop Huma rarely used? Suspicious...

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

mrskjun, where do you find that he left the gop during the bush admin? He said he's a lifelong republican but left the party. He didn't say when and he donated to both mccain and romney.

Save    
joaniepoanie

Ann....if Republicans are so concerned about emails and private servers why not this? These emails have yet to be released.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/george-w-bush-white-house-lost-22-million-emails-497373.html

Save    
Kathy

National Security

Clinton aide Huma Abedin has told people she doesn’t know how her emails wound up on her husband’s computer

Save    
Margo

Perhaps Hillary coached her on the lack of memory excuse.

Save    
jillinnj

Saying Comey is not a Republican is like saying nik is not a Republican. Perhaps he did re-register as an Independent during/after the Bush nightmare. Plenty did because they were embarrassed by that 8 year nightmare. But, when it walks like a duck...

--

why do we hear this nothingness but we've never heard that the FBI is investigating any connection between the Trump campaign and the Russian hacking of US emails?

This is what really bugs me. They won't answer questions about Trump/Russian hacking because they don't discuss investigations. Is there some rule that says they do if it involves a Clinton? Because that's exactly what Comey has done.

--

I want to agree with those saying this won't matter, but I'm not sure that's true. It won't matter to any thinking person. But, as we've seen, there are too many that do not think, do not care about facts, and will believe she's guilty of something. Why, look at the way MrsK twists the facts to suit her agenda. Why do you think there aren't a lot of other people that are doing the same thing?

According to 538, the race had been tightening the entire week before Friday. This is only going to make it closer.

1 Like Save    
Save    
joaniepoanie

Kurt Eichenwald on AM Joy this morning.....paraphrasing:

Comey made a major policy violation with his statement. Height of irresponsibility.

He's been making huge mistakes from the beginning.

Hes damaged the rep of the FBI for years to come.

There's "universal fury" at Comey from former and current DOJ and FBI staffers at what he's done.

If polls and election results are changed because of his announcement the FBI won't recover and it will make the Hoover scandals look like nothing.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Joanie I agree,

DOJ: "Comey made an independent decision to alert the Hill. He is operating independently of the Justice Department. And he knows it.”

Save    
joaniepoanie

Kathy.....even more of a scandal if Comey is "taking orders" from Trump.

Save    
Ann

Or Joanie, on the flip side, is it possible Comey was previously taking orders from Clinton or Lynch or even Obama? Is it possible he's now righting a wrong or taking the high road after traveling for a bit down the low road? I don't suspect he's taken orders from either side, but there are certainly two views/directions on that hypothesis, if it happens to be true.

1 Like Save    
Margo

I also would bet that Obama has more to do with ALL of this than meets the eye.

Save    
frank_il

I also would bet that Obama has more to do with ALL of this than meets the eye.

I bet he is holding his family at gunpoint.

Save    
Kathy

It was supposedly NY FBI that discovered the emails and Comey jumped the gun.

Save    
joaniepoanie

Since Comey is/was Republican, I doubt he'd be taking orders from or even listening to Clinton, Lynch or Obama. Makes more sense he's been pressured to sway the election by the Republicans, especially to come out with such a ridiculous, vague statement when nothing concrete can even be deciphered for months.

Save    
tibbrix

"Margo

I also would bet that Obama has more to do with ALL of this than meets the eye."

Make that bet, Margo.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Richard H. Schwartz: Tempest in an Email Teapot

Okay folks. It's time to calm down and think things through.

We know that Hillary Clinton had her staff delete all emails on her server that had not been identified as official government records and submitted to the State Department for archiving. That was her right as a government employee.

We also all know that anywhere between four and and a few hundred copies of every email that she ever sent or received had to exist, and in many cases probably still do exist. That's just a consequence of the fact that the messages were sent to many people and copies of them existed on various organizatons’ servers, on the various users’ computers, on their phones, their tablets, in cloud backups, and maybe even on thumb drives.

We also all know that the FBI didn't do an exhaustive search of all possible places where these emails might exist. They couldn’t have. It’s impossible to even know all the possible places to look.

We should not be at all surprised that, from time-to-time, some batches of emails to or from Hillary Clinton are going to show up and they're going to be looked at. These are either going to be duplicates of messages that the FBI has already seen, or they are going to be messages that Clinton's staff did not preserve because they did not consider them to be official government records.

Whenever that happens, someone is going to want to look at them. Today's find on Anthony Weiner's computer is not going to be the last time it happens. Get used to it! Get used to them investigating and re-investigating, but each time coming to the same conclusion for the same reason as before. See here for why that’s the inevitable result. Unless they uncover an email that says “Huma: this is classified, but I’m sending it to you anyhow. - Hill” or “Huma: your last email had classified info in it. You shouldn’t have sent it, but I won’t tell if you won’t tell. - Hill”, there’s not going to be a finding of a prosecutable offense.

Finally, here’s something you should know but probably haven’t thought about: there are undoubtedly a few hundred thousand email messages sent to or by other Secretaries of State, Presidents and similarly high-ranking officials floating about similarly on the servers and devices of the people they corresponded with. Most of those messages were also never submitted for archiving as official government records because most are not official government records. Also, none of these messages should contain classified information because nobody is ever supposed to send classfied information on any regular email server - even a government email server, but some of them might. Nobody has seen these messages except the senders and recipients, and nobody bats an eyelash about that. Nobody is investigating them, but objectively speaking they are just as worthy of being investigated as any new cache of Clinton’s emails are.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Unless they uncover an email that says “Huma: this is classified, but I’m sending it to you anyhow. - Hill” or “Huma: your last email had classified info in it. You shouldn’t have sent it, but I won’t tell if you won’t tell. - Hill”, there’s not going to be a finding of a prosecutable offense.

The Clintons are too clever to talk like that as lawyers. They know the loopholes and abuse the system. Just maybe there was a slip?? Give a fool enough rope and they eventually hang themselves.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Did Comey just hang himself?

Save    
Margo

Are you hoping?

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

To one of jill's points: this morning the polls show that Hillary is only one point ahead of Trump just since this happened.

Save    
Ann

I love Chris Wallace. He just did the best interview with Robbie Mook. It was on Fox News.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

In 2007 Comey said to a congressional committee.

"The Department of Justice, in my view, is run by political appointees of the President. The U.S. attorneys are political appointees of the President. But once they take those jobs and run this institution, it's very important in my view for that institution to be another in American life, that—because my people had to stand up before juries of all stripes, talk to sheriffs of all stripes, judges of all stripes. They had to be seen as the good guys, and not as either this administration or that administration.[35]"

Why doesn't anyone blame Loretta Lynch for this fiasco. She was the one who met with Bill Clinton on the tarmac. She was the one that turned the decision on whether to prosecute over to Comey. She was the one who refused to appoint a special prosecuter.

Save    
chase_gw

But. but but...she and Comey were in it together!

Comey himself said he made the first decision absent input fro Lynch...did he lie?

Save    
jillinnj

And if she had appointed a special prosecutor (wasting more of our money), and they found nothing, you'd come up with some other excuse for not believing it.

You have no credibility.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

A special investigation into what? Comey and his decision not to recommend charges?

Ask yourself this one. If she lied to Congress, if she perjured herself, why hasn't Congress asked the FBI to look into that. Comey himself said he would act on that if requested by Congress...but they haven/t . Now why do you suppose that is?

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Comey knew about the emails for a month. That has been my question since Friday, because they've had the laptop - why wouldn't they know?

Knocking doors today for HRC. Met some wonderful people. The Democratic committee has details on each house (Freedom of Information Act) and has the best ground campaign. Talked to people who are active in their communities, very inspiring. HRC supporters: please get in touch with your local unit. You can make phone calls, too.

President Obama's advice to volunteers: "Ignore the noise and distractions"

3 Likes Save    
tibbrix

My message to Trump supporters and Republicans: If you can ignore ALL of Trump's venality, from his admissions of sexually assaulting women, to his fraudulent university, to his not paying contractors, to his vile rhetoric about women, blacks, Latinos, etc., to his disastrous policy proposals which have been PANNED by experts in their fields, to his clearly disturbed personality - starting with his pathological narcissism and thin skin, to his bizarre rage Tweeting...

... AND you could ignore 9/11, at the Bush Admin's. USE of 9/11 to get a long wanted, but unrelated war going in Iraq, to their use of deception, manipulation, intimidation, and bullying to get Congress to vote for that resolution, to the DISASTROUS way that war was prosecuted ("mistakes were made")....then you can surely get past a personal server that had ZERO consequences, even as you have NO problem at all using illegally hacked emails done on behalf of Trump by hostile foreign factions and someone saying an attack might have been the response to a video.

You make NO sense whatsoever.

5 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Puremichigan, the Wall Street Journal published an article online today that has more details about the laptop and meetings between the FBI and the DOJ and how they forgot to get the warrant.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I read that may. First impression was how badly it was written! I almost thought it was a scam. Comey is in a serious mess and I don't expect him to last. FBI has had right wing go-it-alone directors before and it didn't end well for them.

2 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

For people who believe every word Trump says: Detroit is a city - one that DT has been yelling about and telling residents how poor, crime ridden, and unemployed they are. I spent the day knocking doors in Detroit and everyone was friendly, pleasant, employed, and their kids knew about the election as well schooled kids do. Suck on that, DT.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I can't print link to WP but it says they now have a search warrant.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Under the FBI website:

If a possible violation of federal law under the jurisdiction of the FBI has occurred, the Bureau will conduct an investigation. The information and evidence gathered in the course of that investigation are then presented to the appropriate U.S. Attorney or Department of Justice official, who will determine whether or not prosecution or further action is warranted.

FBI should have transfer the case of HRC to the DOJ and DOJ would have taken it from there, but Comey didn't. This was the beginning of Comey's overreaching. Friday's letter continuation of.

Save    
elaineinnj

The DOJ would have done nothing, Obama and Lynch are protecting Hillary. This administration is corrupt.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Is it true that, contrary to the title of this thread, the investigation has not been reopened?

Save    
Kathy

Since the polls point to a Hillary win this may have been a last resort by Comey to help his party. If she wins he will be out also. Then maybe we will be able to finally investigate Trump and his relationship to Russia.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

If Comey wanted to help "his party", I think recommending criminal charges would have put a fine point on things.

If Hillary uses her time and our money to put investigating the bromance between Trump an Putin, I will have wasted my damn vote. This country has bigger fish to fry.

Save    
Kathy

The GOP have made it their business for 6 years to invent fake scandals to investigate. Comey was vague enough to create chaos but not incriminating. The FBI has had the computer for weeks and they just now get a warrant? It was a political move by Comey not to mention it may be illegal.

1 Like Save    
tibbrix

We got Bush and Cheney because of a similar thing, the consensual BJ of Bill Clinton and the GOP's relentless drive to use whatever they could and ht stupidity of the American public to bring him down as well. Then it was the birther crap with Obama.

And now this nothingness...while Russia and Assange illegal hack servers and the Trump campaign, after asking them to do so, happily uses the ill-gotten emails from hostile foreign factions to win an election.

Ultimately, the problem is that we have a very toxic political party that possesses the mentality of Roy Cohn and Joe McCarthy and a population overridden with abject stupidity. That is a very, very dangerous combination, and a lot of people have already died because of it, not to mention what it's done to the US geopolitically.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Really, when it comes right down to it, why not blame the source of all of this. Hillary Clinton. She was the one who chose to set up a private email server against all rules and regulations of the office she held. She did it without fore thought of national security or human assets around the world. There is absolutely no one to blame for any of this but her.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

She has been investigated, blamed, crucified, charged, incriminated and hung by conservatives already, mrskjun. What more would you do?

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

I would not defend her at every turn. Do you think it looks any better than people who defend Trump?

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I think there's no comparison. How do people defend Trump, they usually say they hate HRC so much. You have two candidates with flaws, but one who is mentally/emotionally unfit to be president.

Save    
lynartist
And one who may be criminally unfit. I voted for Nixon and had no problem thinking he should go! Wrong as he was no matter his party!
2 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

There is no evidence that HRC is criminally unfit. People who defend Trump are either ignoring or are naive about the damage he could do with his policy of revenge and time and again demonstrations of exceptionally thin skin. imo he's not overly intelligent and he's lazy - he refuses to learn. And that's just for starters.

2 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Lynartist: "No criminal wrongdoing" = criminal wrongdoing.

Hmmmm....

Lynartist, I don't want to vote for someone who may be criminally unfit, so I'm going to vote for the one who aditms to sexually assaulting women, has a rape charge against him, has the FBI investigating whether he has ties to Russia re: the illegal hacking of US emails to influence the US election, and who has a case outstanding regrind a fraudulent university from which he bilked thousands of people out of their money.

Good, Lyn, you vote for him because the FBI has found no criminal wrongdoing, other than in the heads of republicans, by HRC and an email server which was NOT Hacked by Russia or Assange.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

The more I hear about the emails the more it goes over my head. They didn't find anything incriminating in all the investigations on Benghazi and now the emails. It looks more and more like a witch hunt by the GOP. I am sure the GOP has put pressure on Comey and this is the result. They are fighting for their party now. It isn't just the Presidency it is the Senate at stake. I would guess if Trump would be elected President the establishment GOP would investigate and get rid of him until they have Pence as the President.

3 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Republicans/mrskjun...:Don't get us wrong. we are all for illegally hacked US email systems so long as it's done by a hostile foreign faction who wants to influence the US election in OUR favor.

But it's this non-hacked private server which had NO mal intent that has us really burning up with rage because it COULD Have been hacked! By Russia!

Save    
lynartist
Did you not see the word MAY in my statement? You all sound so hysterical. First of all you don't even know who I am voting for and I would never presume to tell anyone else who to vote for. Yikes.... take a chill!
1 Like Save    
Ann

Looks like CNN has now cut ties with Donna Brazile. I think the corruption plot is just going to grow and grow over the next week.

5 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

No one should comment on this thread and not expect strong responses. It isn't that time and this isn't the place for chillin'.

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Brazile resigned weeks ago.

Save    
lilacinjust

CNN's statement on Brazile is making news today.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Yes, it appears she resigned on the 14th of October but CNN says her departure was announced today. Did any agency previously report her 14th resignation or was it kept quiet until today?

Save    
mrskjun(9)

I never heard it until today.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Same with me and I follow political news pretty closely. Puremichigan, did you know of it before today?

Save    
chase_gw

I think I heard it several weeks ago........but it was more to do with her taking a permanent position with the DNC.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

CNN claims the announced it today. Do you have a source for that chase?

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

@Kathy I totally agree that Trump wouldn't get thru four years of presidency. And he was pressured to take Pence as a VP by the RNC for that reason. Pence is sane, I'll give him that. Sanctimonious and all about taking away women's rights, for sure.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Nope....

Save    
Kathy

New news. Comey refused to mention Russian hacking because it was too close to the election, yet he mentioned Hillary's emails.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"New news. Comey refused to mention Russian hacking because it was too close to the election, yet he mentioned Hillary's emails."

Got a link?

2 Likes Save    
tibbrix

Here you go. Come won't talk about even IF they're investigating Trump/Russia ties..but he has no problem bleating on and on about Clinton's email investigation with NO information, Including saying more than he should have in July AFTER finding no criminal liability on her part.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/28/fbi-director-mum-probe-trump-russia-connection/

Save    
susanalanandwrigley
Save    
Kathy

Adopted, I heard it on TV but I am sure it will be in print somewhere as the day goes on.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

When and where did he mention Hillary's emails?

Save    
tibbrix

So, maybe we Dems should start chanting "Lock him up!" and repeating over and over that Trump is a traitor for helping Putin and Assange illegally hack Democratic emails?

You know, Like 'Pubs do.

Save    
Save    
susanalanandwrigley

When and where did he mention Hillary's emails?

Huh? Isn't this what the whole thread is about, Comey talking about investigating HRC e-mails connected w Weiner's computer? I don't understand your question.

Save    
Kathy

Adopted.

This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation.

This was was the first sentence in JComey letter to Congress.

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

There is an ongoing FBI investigation into Trump's ties with Russia. In October Comey was testifying and a Senator wanted to know why the details of that investigation weren't made public. He explained that only in very unusual circumstances, related to the public's need to know would an FBI investigation be made public as it is being carried out. He's on videotape. That kinda clashes with his "oh, so there may be some emails, who knows but lemma let y'all repubs know immediately. Oh and I've known for a month."

Save    
Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Trump has also destroyed emails that were supposed to be turned over. Oh, and then there's the tax returns .... promises, promises ....

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

In an internal memo to the FBI’s staff on Friday, Comey wrote, “We don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed.” NOT given that the information is something the public needs to know. But it was all about "I" being Comey having promised investigation was complete.

He was covering his azz. And what's up with being a Republican until a Democratic president appoints you Director. He is no longer officially a Repub?? That rings very false.

Save    
PRO
Mountain MT Homes LLC(59842)

Hey but do realize that Obama is involved with the Clinton emails!!?? He knew it was off his personal server also!! Clinton gets in trouble so should he as he would just get impeached, which is wrong!!!!!!!! They are all crooked no matter what you think and you can not change it!!!! Clinton should be in prison as look into the past of them. She should be hung just as the past man Clinton that tried to run this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Okey dokey........... I'm betting you are voting Trump.

1 Like Save    
Margo

Wow chase_ You did not challenge?

1 Like Save    
Ann

Ken, I am also guessing that Obama is involved.

2 Likes Save    
PRO

Yes you might want to re think your opinion!!

Ken

Save    
PRO

Yes Ann he has the same server as the server that Clinton used!! He should be hung too just like the Clintons!!!! The whole family as the daughter has a 300,000 dollar job and has now idea what she is doing??? Would that be nice!!!

Ken

Save    
PRO

Clinton name got her in, Clinton foundation should be looked into as all it is, is a fraud!!! You might disagree but look at the main facts through out!!!!!

Ken

Save    
chase_gw

No challenge from me...........but I am happy to buy Ken a tin foil hat

1 Like Save    
Ann

Ummmm Ken, I'm confused as I think we might agree and I think you are assuming we disagree. What made you think I'm a Clinton supporter?

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

No challenge from me...........but I am happy to buy Ken a tin foil hat

Think he's already wearing one.

Save    
Margo

Why do you guys always have to make it personal? Really?

Save    
PRO

Thanks for the tin foil hat Cindy!! Actually what does that mean?? And yes Margo I do agree with you as I lost a follower here because what I was saying!!! Bummer on that point, get over it and it has nothing to do with what a client wants as I can give them no matter the opinion!!!! Can't handle it get out!!!

Ken

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Back to the Comey situation: This is the reason Comey sent the letter Friday - it stems from calling a press conference last July and commenting on the the decision on HRC emails.:

"Jim Comey, who then felt constrained, for some reasons, to give this press conference, which was really incredible, back in July.

And then he testified and said, I will keep you apprised, to Congress. I think that was a mistake, to say, I will keep you apprised. It was premature. The Congress shouldn’t be involved intimately with an ongoing investigation." From past US AG under Bush II.

You may think this is good for the Repub candidate but the FBI is a non-political agency - that's how our system of democracy is set up. Next time it could be your candidate.

2 Likes Save    
PRO

Yes but they all!!!! are corrupt!!! All are saying what we want to here but in the back ground they are against and doing what they want. People don't realize what is happening in the back ground!!! They are all corrupt!!!! We all just go with it and is totally wrong no matter who is running the country. Look at the Obama health care insurance!! BAD NEWS for everyone bought into it!! and wrong for all!!!!!

Ken

Save    
purrmichigan(5)

I don't believe everyone is corrupt, Ken. That isn't my experience with people I know and I have to believe most people aren't so different. People make mistakes, big ones that affect other people and yes some people are evil, but I won't think that until I see for myself. Not from deciding everyone is bad and corrupt. That's a heck of an unhappy way to live to believe that.

1 Like Save    
PRO

I just think and a lot of people have said that Clinton should be more looked into her wrong doing things, as she won't because of running for president.

Ken

Save    
lynartist
Evil is a strong word! On the other hand, corruption seems to be running amok these days. Not that anyone is pure on either side mind you but certain things have come out that must give most people pause! CNN has broken all ties today with Donna Brazile as it has just been revealed that she gave the answer to yet another debate question to the HC campaign. This should disturb everyone as CNN has stated they have no idea how she got that info! What is upsetting is these debates were with Bernie Sanders. The DNC never had any intention of staying neutral in this runoff! The fix was in from the beginning. Now I'm sure many of you will want to excuse this but there are plenty of liberal commentators shaking their heads today.
3 Likes Save    
PRO

This should disturb everyone as CNN has stated they have no idea how she got that info! Will this would upset them as they where put on a (WHAT) situation and not ready for it. CNN (Clinton News Network)

Ken

Save    
Margo

While Donna Brazile had no business doing that, Hillary had no business excepting the questions. There goes Donna rightly so under the bus, but Hillary is worse for excepting the questions. Where is her ethics? The Clinton's seem to like to cheat.

2 Likes Save    
PRO

CNN ( Clinton News Network) breaks all ties if not their way, I have seen it. They don't want you to hear it!!!! Think about it and look back into their past.

Ken

1 Like Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Brazile quits weeks ago. If she gave a question to anyone, she did not give it to HRC.

I'm figuring how credible comments are if Repubs refuse to see who DT is. If someone doesn't get it after 18 months of exposure then they aren't credible imo. All the theories and conspiracies about HRC and emails and nothing about the wrong things DT is saying and proposing. Kelllyanne has him on a short leash right now, but she won't be around forever and he'll revert to who he is. Which is very dangerous. So, no I do not care about emails. Not in the face of Trump.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Adopted.

This morning I sent a letter to Congress in connection with the Secretary Clinton email investigation.

"This was was the first sentence in JComey letter to Congress."

No so, Kathy. That's from the letter Comey sent to FBI employees.

It refers to the Clinton email investigation, not her emails. The letter Comey sent to committee chairs refers to Hillary's server, not Hillary's emails.

Both of Comey's letters are work related communications, not pronouncements to the public. He's under no obligation to "mention" Russian hackers in either letter.

1 Like Save    
PRO

Yes Trump to me is tacking this in the wrong way as all you are doing is degrading someone and not saying what you will do for this country. Every election on all sides as you see on your tv governors to presidents, why do we want to here that? We only want to hear what they will do for people in their community or state. Lay off the he, she did that!!! Yes some needs to hear it but most lies. Just trying to make the person look better then them!!

Ken

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Adopted, I will research it.

Save    
PRO

And that server has to do with Obama's server and he knows about it as if Hillary gets in trouble with it so should Obama!!!!! They both need to hang for what they have done for the United States!!

Ken

Save    
Kathy

Adopted, you are correct, here is the letter to Congress, he referred to her server and emails, not Hillary's emails.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/28/us/politics/fbi-letter.html?_r=0

Save    
lynartist
Yes Brazile did leave to head up the DNC( who knows for how long) but she was certainly welcome back at that point as a commentator in the future. As the questions were sent to Podesta and CNN has been left with egg on its face they have now severed all ties with her!
1 Like Save    
lynartist
It stands to reason that if she had been rebuffed after the first time she gave a debate question to Podesta she would not have done it again!
Save    
alexrander

Margo, your reply is unreadable. The word you want is probably 'accepting' which, if that's what you mean, you have misspelled it twice. Also it's "Where are her ethics" not "Where is her ethics" This is a subject/verb agreement problem. And also "Clinton's" is wrong... no apostrophe needed.

Save    
lynartist
I think we read it just fine! This isn't English class and it's late!
2 Likes Save    
alexrander

There's no accounting for taste. If you want to make a point, you might do it at least as well as a 5th grader. If you can't cobble together a few short sentences, then perhaps it says something about your ability to think clearly.

Save    
lynartist
I realize many of you don't think the E- mail thing is a big deal. We will of course have to wait and let all of this play out. I have a dear friend who has a top level clearance for his job in a defense contracting co. He isn't allowed to have a phone that accepts texts, e- mail or photos! Never speaks of his work. They take these things very seriously! The implications of any e- mail from the S is S being on the device of a known sex offender has to worry even the most ardent supporter. These are the scenarios they describe when they set up the safe guard systems ! My goodness it doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine what can happen in a situation like this! The crime is not that it did or didn't happen but that you opened yourself up to it!
Save    
lynartist
Alexrander, I have been told on numerous occasions that I have astonishingly good taste! So much so that I can certainly spot a snob when I see one!
2 Likes Save    
alexrander

I have broad shoulders so I can take that from a defender for the illiterate.

Save    
lynartist
How tolerant of you;)
2 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Obama health care insurance!! BAD NEWS for everyone bought into it!! and wrong for all!!!!!

The ACA is not wrong for millions of Americans who previously could not afford health insurance, could not qualify for it ,or keep it when policies were rescinded by insurance companies for pre-existing conditions or almost any arguable reason.

Bad news is when a hospital, doctors, medical labs, and numerous health insurance providers sue you, take your home and belongings, and stay after you post Bankruptcy for the rest of your life....all because someone in your family got sick and either was not covered or was knocked off your policy.

As I have said here numerously those who have good employer based group coverage had no need and have no use for the ACA. That's the biggest problem in gaining any consensus on a fix for the health insurance system. And guaranteed group coverage simply encourages higher costs for health care and higher costs for drugs, since someone else is paying.

Repealing "Obamacare" is a major step in the wrong direction...."big league"!!!!

2 Likes Save    
Ann

heri_cles, you won't need to just worry about those that didn't have insurance and now do through ACA. Many in that group would continue to get it at no cost (if ACA survived). BUT, the rest of the country, including many who had employer based insurance, won't have any insurance anymore because they won't be able to afford it, even though they are working. So, the poorest will have it at no cost and everyone working won't have it at all. Basically, entirely unsustainable! It's a complete disaster.

Save    
Ann

Get a life, Alexrander!

Save    
Margo

It is OK Alexrander, I know I hit a few nerves. I find the ones that attack me personally is rather touching, lol ;)

Save    
Iris GW

Just renewed my employer insurance last week. Slight uptick in costs, but pretty typical change compared to the last 10 years (been going up for years, long before ACA).

2 Likes Save    
Margo

Plus Alexrander, if you will follow me around and correct me, I will get some free mentoring AND keep you busy from spewing your distain to people.... keeping it on me. Win-win;)

Save    
Ann

Wouldn't you just love to have Thanksgiving dinner with Alexrander? The conversation would come to a grinding halt every time someone slightly stuttered while Alexrander made sure the whole table knew that stuttering was a punishable offense.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

Where were you when Elvis was correcting everyone's grammar and spelling?

Save    
tibbrix

Ugh, Alexander, speaking one's native language properly is so passe, dontcha know? That's the stuff of elitist libs!

Save    
tibbrix

Margo: "AND keep you busy from spewing your distain to people.... "

It's disdain...

...and you of all people should not be accusing anyone else of having disdain for others.

Save    
tibbrix

"lynartist

Alexrander, I have been told on numerous occasions that I have astonishingly good taste! So much so that I can certainly spot a snob when I see one!"

Yeah! Only SNOBS speak their native language properly! Three cheers for illiteracy!

Save    
Margo

If you can't cobble together a few short sentences, then perhaps it says something about your ability to think clearly.

I have to admit Alexrander, I did burst out laughing. If we can not laugh at ourselves than we should not make fun of other people. I am almost amused at the sheer anger that this left group has. Which truly is scary.

3 Likes Save    
Margo

Yes Ann, this group must be fun at parties....

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

It grows on you Margo. If the conservatives go away for a while, you should see what happens then!

5 Likes Save    
Margo

ann_t , so what you are telling me is that there is much poor grammar on Hot Topics and Elvis was pointing it out. Aaaah, so that means there is much illiteracy going on. I see how it is.

Save