SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikerno_1micha

Do you control your trees growth or do they control you?

myermike_1micha
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Are the type of hobbyist/grower that just lets your trees do what they want. or do you determine what you want your trees and when?

For instance. I will deliberately slow my trees down to rest during these cold months and I will push them hard when the spring appears...

I stick them in very cold rooms and provide very little direct sunlight so that they will not push out new growth or attract pests..I also do this so that they won't be stressed out..

A couple I will put into a very warm room with lots of direct sunlight, like right up to the window.

I deliberately withhold fertilizer for all the resting ones, while I still feed, but very lightly the ones in full all day sun that are still very active.

I also don't feed any in which the soil mix is below 55 degrees degrees consistently..

Then I give them all haircuts, or should I say a chop their branches!

I tell them what I want them to do and so far they obey..

What about you? Do you control how your trees grow or don't know what to do with them? Do they control you? Do you really know what they want or require or do you find yourself unsure and always guessing?

If one knows what they want, need, and how to control what they do, you can rest assured the worry of growing them and the nervousness will subside))

Comments (16)