SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taylor_hooten

NEED help styling my living/dining rooms and kitchen!

Taylor Hooten
7 years ago

So, I have closer to medium than light hardwood floors, a functional sectional leather couch set, with a matching large ottoman. ive got more of an open, formal layout for my living room and dining, but it's all one big space.

I have all dark wood furniture. My color scheme so far that I've developed in the dining area is a mixture of your neutral, olive green, with shades of darker green throughout, and getting as light as a pale yellow, with a variety of gray colors, deep rustic, mohagony/red, and a handful of neutral, teal/turquoise/ocean colored blues!

My kitchen also opens up to the living and dining room space and is very large, with dark brown cabinets and traditional styled granite with shades of bege and light brown counter tops.

So- my dilemma is what paint colors I should choose to incorporate into my scheme that will help tie it all together?! What's the "rule of thumb" when it comes to your paint colors for an open, formal layout? With what I have, where the whole space is incorporated together, should I keep a consistent color scheme or is it frowned upon to have multiple colors on the different area walls....

In a nut shell, I feel like I have a good idea and plan when it comes to my actual decor/furniture/tables/accents, but I'm just feeling challenged with what colors to paint with that will tie it all together. And one last thing- I want a large area rug to place in my living room; any ideas or advice on the style and color??

Thank you for any advice or tips that you may have to share with me; I hope I have provided a clear, detailed picture of what my home looks like in order to help you when gathering your ideas. Have a great week!

Taylor

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH