SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenr__sternberg

Disappearing 9 patch - current obsession

Karen S. (7b, NYC)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Folks,

There's a current thread showing a Disappearing 9 Patch where some admirers of that poster's 1st quilt mention their interest in doing one soon. It's called TADA ...

Well, I'm currently undergoing an obsession w/ them & thought I'd share bits in progress.

It started a couple of months ago when I came home w/ some scraps of a bright multi- colored print that wanted me to make it into a Disappearing 9 Patch. Well I started, then couldn't stop & learned a week later a neighbor's wife is pregnant! Seems this soon to be baby quilt had a mind of its own.

The print on the lower left block & upper right block w/ that multi-colored print is what started it all. I was going along fine, using largely blues & then learned the baby is a girl.

Oops, need to pink things up some. Here's the new 9 patch starting out:

Here again after cutting & reassembly.

I'll post it after it's assembled; it's partly done as I got distracted & onto the next whole new set of them.

The whole other set of Disappearing 9 Patches using fancy wovens, gingham check & shirting fabrics.

& after scrambling

Here's the alternate block, 1st as its 9 patch

& after its scramble

So it seems I've lost my mind a bit & have all in various states of progress. Design walls everywhere! Here's the overall shot of the these blocks in their preliminary 9-patch configuration.

I think it'll be cool to compare before & after the scramble.

Will post more when done.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company