SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Nahema nitpicky negatives: weird leaves and lollipop blooms

Cori Ann - H0uzz violated my privacy
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello rose experts. Nahema sounds amazing from what everyone says about it. The perfume, the bloom, the growth. It makes me want to buy it just based on the reviews of the fragrance alone! But here's the thing... actually 2 things...

The foliage. The leaves do this weird bendy thing and end up looking like holly leaves. I'm not a fan. What does it look like in person? In photos I just don't like it. If that's really how it looks I don't know if I could get over it.

The lollipop blooms. Lots of cane. Lots of stems. Lots of holly-looking leaves... then at the very tippy top there's a bunch of blooms. Blooms on sticks. Does anyone train this laterally along a wall? Does that solve the lollipop bloom issue? Does it bloom well from laterals? Is it too stiff to train the main canes laterally? Some report it's very stiff. Some say it's doable if you get to the canes early... but I can't find a photo of it really being tied laterally so I'm having a hard time picturing how it would look. I'm wondering if it still has lollipop blooms even when tied laterally.

And there's still the holly-looking leaves. Meh.

In my area I believe this would bloom pretty much year round. The blooms are gorgeous. The fragrance sounds amazing. For those of you who grow Nahema... Do the fragrance and bloom outweigh my nit-picky negatives? Thank you!

I think this photo from another's blog shows my personal struggle perfectly. Gorgeous blooms. Weird holly-looking leaves. Lollipop growth.

Comments (27)