SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seb225

Can LVP floors be installed "backwards?"

seb225
7 years ago

We are planning to use an LVP flooring in the entire house (2400 sf). The flooring will be installed on a slab that has been cleaned of old floors and glue (due to flood waters) and will soon be prepped and properly leveled. I want the floor to completely flow together--I don't want to use transition strips between rooms.

I understand that floating click floors fit right when one side slides into the other, then lays flat to tap and lock in place. My dilemma is that if we start the installation on one side of the house, we will move down hallways with rooms on either side. Rooms on one side of the hallway will have the floors installed backwards, meaning that the click mechanism will have to be done from the opposite side.

Can most brands be laid like this or do I need to be looking at certain brands? When I ask installers about this, I either get a glassy stare with a "we can make it work" or am told each room needs a transition strip. We hope to have it installed by a pro but we may have to DIY it. I just know I don't want to spend a small fortune on floors to have the installer put transition strips between all the rooms! Any help or advice is appreciated.

Comments (8)