SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikerno_1micha

Miracle Grow Garden Soil....Why would one use it?

myermike_1micha
7 years ago

Not to start anything here, and in fact I am truly sincere when I ask why anyone would use it living in my area?

I also no problem with anyone that would recommend it, and in fact ones that do are very nice people, but why?

Silica has been a proponent of this stuff and so have other forums, and yet I just don't understand why anyone would encourage others to use it if it stays as wet as it does?

Maybe it's for those living in hot areas or with greenhouses and lot's of sun all year long, but I can not bring myself to use it after what I saw this morning.....I don't know

I bought a bag and stick my first plant in it, a gardenia to be specific, and I potted up in a clay pot. I watered it thoroughly and over a half our later it was still a slow drip..Worst, when I took the plant back out, the entire bottom half was sopping wet! It was mud.

So, what I would like to know is why?

If anyone here chooses to use that stuff good luck. I would love to see a short video of watering it and then what it looks like a few seconds after that. I REALLY had my hopes up that it was well draining and yet I was so disappointed..I wasted my money based on a suggestion..Give it a try, you might have better luck than I did. I dumped mine into my garden bed(

Comments (144)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor