SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chixor9992

Recommendations for 6" containers in very full sun (SoCal, 10B)

chixor9992
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello all,
Last year I built a large patio garden "wall" that holds a variety of 6" glazed earthenware pots. I live in Southern California and my patio gets very full sun for most of the day (zone 10B). I am new-ish to gardening and started those pots with kalanchoes and various small succulents, and most of them ended up getting sunburned or turning red - they did a lot better and recovered when I put them in partial shade.

After that, I tried an herb garden on the wall, but despite frequent watering the plants either got abused by the sun or decimated by bugs (the rosemary did well though, not surprising in SoCal).
The pots are empty again and I would love to find some sort of non-edible, decorative, (flowering if possible!) plants to put in these pots. I am home a lot so I can keep up with watering if need be, but it absolutely needs to be something that can tolerate full sun, all day, every day, and year round temps between 60-90F.

Most of what I see when I do online searches is for larger containers - these are small pots that are 6" in diameter and no more than 5-6" high. Plants that would do okay in these dimensions would be ideal.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you in advance!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions