SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladygibbs

Feeling Discouraged

ladygibbs
7 years ago

I'm feeling really discouraged about our home addition/remodel. :(

We've been wanting/planning this addition for over 4 years now. Early this year I got serious and began calling contractors. I called over 25 companies and people. I only got 3 to even come out and look, and only 1 to get back to me with any sort of numbers. They are all too busy or don't want to take on the challenges of an old home or addition.

The guy who finally gave me a estimate was suppose to make some changes and give me a call back. That was 3 weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything. I've called/texted and not gotten a response. He was super nice, seemed interested, etc. I was confident I had FINALLY found someone. And now, nothing... Really hoping he is just busy (he is building a home for one of my friends). But still. How do you handle the wait? I would have thought he would have at least gotten back with me by now. I'm even fine not starting work until spring if I only KNEW it was going to be a sure thing.

We were so excited to get this going, and had hoped to be completed last spring. Now we are almost to winter and no progress. I am sick of calling people and getting rejected before they even see what we have.

I have the financing but literately no one to do the work. Feeling very frustrated and sour. I'm about to just give up on ever getting my dream home. Why is this such a slow process? Gah!

Comments (22)