SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dslieberman

Countertop Choices--Quartz. Pretty Please, Help!

Daina L
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We just purchased our first home, and I am working on redoing our kitchen. We're knocking down a wall, installing a peninsula, replacing the existing granite, and replacing the cabinet doors to match the island (frames are wood and in good shape). We're going to refinish the wood floors, probably to a more medium brown color (still have to go choose stain).

Cabinets will be Aristokraft Winstead (shaker) in white. http://www.aristokraft.com/products/winstead  I'm planning to go look at them in person with a paint sample fan to see what color they match, as the white seemed a little on the warm side to me. I'm hoping to go with light gray walls and a quartz countertop resembling marble. I will probably install white subway tile backsplash with platinum grout.

I prefer gray and white in the countertops to taupe or cream. Here are options I am considering that I have seen in person and have priced out:

Cambria: Britannica, Ella

LG Viatera Rococo

MSI Fantasy White, Calacatta Vicenza (these two are the cheapest)

Hanstone Tranquility (most expensive)

I also saw Polarstone and rather liked these:
Arabescato Corchia, Statuario Bianco,
Ibiza

but I have no idea how much they cost in relation to the others.

MSI has some others on the website that I haven't seen in person and am having trouble finding many pictures of: Calacatta Classique, Calacatta Verona, Statuary Classique, Marbella White, Carrara Grigio.

My kitchen is fairly small, 7 x 12 or so, though we will take out the wall between kitchen and dining room and install a peninsula, so it will feel bigger, I hope. Eventually we'll replace the appliances with stainless steel. Not sure if the bold lines of the Britannica are too much in a small kitchen (plus we will likely sell this place in 5-10 years, so I want to make sure what I do looks reasonably classic).

Also--what do I do about a sink and hardware? Brushed nickel? Polished? My husband likes the oil-rubbed bronze stuff, but would that look weird with gray and white? And I assume if we keep our current cabinets, we would have to do another undermount sink--can't put in a farmhouse one--right?

Suggestions? Thoughts? If you have one of those countertops, do you love it? Pictures below of the kitchen and the wall that we'll be removing (we did NOT choose that green color, or those curtains...just saying...we only closed a couple weeks ago!).

Comments (6)