SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
octoberdana

So sad about my kitchen cabinets-- too yellow

octoberdana
7 years ago

I wanted white cabinets, but the interior designer I hired said that I would be happier with off-white cabinets as they would warm up the space. The off cabinets in the design studio and the model home were only slightly off-white and looked really nice with the flooring and granite I chose. In my house the off-white cabinets are really much darker than the ones I saw in the studio and they look very, very yellow. I can just cry everytime I see them. The off-white does not look like nice with the larger slab of granite which has a much cooler tone than it appeared from the slabs that I saw. I really can't just paint them as I did an off-white backsplash which I really hoped would make the cabinets whiter, but only pulled them more yellow. I was hoping to do a greige or blue paint color but i honestly think that will make this much worse. What do I do?

This is the cabinet color before the backsplash.

This is with the biscuit colored backsplash.

I'm really trying to figure out what to do. Should I paint the trim in the whole house off-white? Should I just paint the kitchen a cream? I really don't like beige so was hoping not to have to go with something really boring and neutral but do I have a choice?

Comments (52)