SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brendan_nulty

Hoya cuttings - assistance request

brendan_nulty
7 years ago

Christmas last year I bought various Hoya plant cuttings from a reputable online company. These cuttings were purchased from a Zone 10 - temperate area and relocated to a zone 11a - warm or subtropical. I used rooting powder with the stem cuttings with nodes and planted in a pearlite and potting mixture. Watering occurred every three days for 3-4 weeks then once soil dried out, approximately 1-2 times a week. The plants are East facing and get 3-5 hours of morning sun. They were 2 months ago transplanted into larger pots (from seedling containers). Please see attached photo's

followed all instructions on the rooting powder packet for planting cuttings and cross referenced information available online. All cuttings had reasonably healthy leaves to begin with, only recently have they started to fold / go yellow

For the first two plants I cut the stem back by 1/3 as suggested online - wooden step with a hollow centre. Another healthy Hoya has a SAP residue within the stem.

Note with the above plant the indentation / pitting, any ideas what would cause this?

Note the leaves are losing their green colour, browning around the edges and black dots appearing on some leaves.

I have increased the watering frequency of these plants. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions