SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobby_j

Derby Bean Bush Plants May Have Diseases - How do I treat?

Bobby J
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello, I have recently started growing Derby bean plants. It has been 2 weeks since they've germinated, and in total they have been growing 3 weeks. The first week after germination was fine, but this week they have been developing some sort of disease. The soil they are growing in has white spots (Fungus?), and one of the plants has a small brown Mushroom growing next to it! (I plan to kill the mushroom soon). In addition, the leaves have small white spots on them, and I think the diseased soil is effecting them. I don't know what to do. Here is some extra information
- I am growing these for a science fair, I want them to live for 5 weeks at least, and then it is fine with me if they die
- They have been growing indoors, and sometimes the soil is damp. They grow in large plastic cups, and have chopsticks as supports (some of them lean in weird ways, so the chopsticks help with that). They get all the sunlight they need, as they are near a window sill. I give them water daily, and they were doing fine for the first two weeks. There are also little baby fruit flies sitting on the leaves or on the dirt they are in, which I am planning to kill with fly spray very soon (should I, or will it effect the plants)?
Now, since I'm growing them inside, I cannot give them fungicide because it might effect me. Even if I did, I'd either have to not water them for a few days (Because the fungicide might effect me), or take them outside (where things might get worse)
What do I do? I am no experienced gardener, and this is my first time with bean derby plants.

Comments (3)

Sponsored