SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Cenk here's some more pics of Malicorne

bethnorcal9
7 years ago

I figured I'd do this in a separate thread since Cenk asked for more photos of MALICORNE. I really like this rose. I got mine 4yrs ago from Rogue Valley Roses, and of course it's own-root. It's been a slow grower. I had it in a 1gal pot until last yr when I planted it in one of the new beds. It grows sort of floppy, with skinny canes that kind of arch. I'm hoping it will bulk up in the next season, now that it's getting really well established in the ground. The coloring is unusual, and obviously, I lump it in what I call the "oddball" roses. It's a very dark burgundy that has some rusty undertones. The blooms are smallish, like maybe 2-2 1/2". So far the bush is still quite small, but actually has shot up to almost 3ft with the last blooming. I haven't checked the scent. All in all, I think it's a good rose. If you like odd colors or almost-black reds, it makes a nice focal piece. I have it in a bed with dark reds and light yellows and blends thereof. I imagine it would do well on Multiflora rootstock, which is how it comes from Palatine.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH