THE NEWBIE SEED PROJECT BEGINS - OCTOBER 2016
If you are reading this thread and it's NOT OCTOBER 2016, this offer is expired (but look to see if there's one for the current month). Each month we will post a new thread if we still have seeds to offer Houzz/GW members!
WELCOME to Gardenweb!
New to gardening? New to Houzz/GW? Just getting started or coming back to gardening again?
I have a limited number of packets this month -- Each has a variety of seeds to send out to those newbies who would like them, thanks to generous donations of a number of Houzz/GW gardeners.
TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE READ this post in FULL, FOLLOW the rules, and read the thread for UPDATES. If you dont follow the rules, I will NOT respond to your message/post.
Post your request here on this thread and send me a Houzz message.
This offer is for US only and Houzz garden members.
1. You must message me on Houzz, no emails. Include your Houzz name AND your REAL name, and address. Tell me a little bit about you and your garden or soon-to-be garden. You do not have to post this publicly, you can message me about yourself. I will send you my address to send your stamps, etc.
2. Please enable your message capability so you can receive messages. (See post below that Leila was nice enough to compile re:TECH HELP -including setting up messaging) -- It's a good idea to set this up so you can communicate and trade with other Houzz users, and this requirement is so that you have a chance to practice messaging.
3. To receive a mailer of 25+ varieties of seeds, you must send 8 “forever” stamps and a mailing label (or clearly print your name and address on a piece of paper IN PEN that I can tape to the envelope). OR if you prefer, you can send $4.50 via paypal; my paypal email provided upon request and instructions. The stamps you are sending pay for the postage to send your seeds to you, the bubble envelope I provide to send them in, and any extra helps with extra supplies such as tape, ziploc seed baggies, etc.
WE WELCOME extra donations to help offset the cost of supplies to package newbie seeds.
4. Tell me if you prefer flower seeds OR veggie seeds OR a combination (in a note with your stamps) so I dont have to refer back to GW. If you dont let me know, I'll just send a variety of whatever. You are welcome include a "wish list" but most newbie packs are already put together, and Remember: what you get depends on the generous donations of seeds received. This project is to help get you started for a minimal cost.
5. READ this thread for UPDATES; I have a limited number of packets to send out and this is where I will post updates when they are no longer available, when packages are mailed out, etc. PLEASE post here when you receive your newbie seeds.
This our our way to welcoming you to the GW/Houzz Garden Community! We look forward to getting to know you! We hope you will stick around and join in the trading and the chat and help build our community of gardeners into a larger base for sharing, learning, etc!
Please see the Newbies Questions/Chat thread in the Round Robin forum so it's easy to find. Introduce yourself, let's chat - feel free to ask questions!
Have fun and Happy Gardening!
If you’re new to the forums and haven’t read this post, you might find it helpful:
SEE THREAD BELOW for Tech Help