SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Freesia bulbs bordering veggie garden - Any reason why I shouldn't?

I am thinking of planting freesias around my veggie garden. I just wanted to make sure with the experts here that I wasn't creating trouble for myself by attracting unwanted bugs or creating some other unwanted dynamic. I'm an avid gardener, but I have never grown freesia. Actually, I have never really been into bulbs, except native douglas iris. Recently, I have gotten it into my head that it would be gorgeous to border my raised bed veggie garden with some lovely freesia bulbs to brighten it up, and also because of the wonderful fragrance. I saw this picture online of a veggie garden with freesia and thought it was a great way to brighten it up.

Any objections or problems that I'm not aware of? Or do I get an A-OK from the experts Also... I should mention that I already have gopher wire installed underneath all my raised beds (and under the areas around them too) so burrowing critters eating the bulbs and feasting on my fruits and veggies isn't too much of a worry.

So with that aside... what do you say? Do freesias get a VIP backstage pass to the veggie garden? Thank you for your help!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone