SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
islandgarden

Banquette table: 6 feet or 7 feet long? ideal width?

islandgarden
7 years ago

Making headway on plans...and now on to the size of the table in the banquette area.

I'd like the banquette area to be proportional to the room: not too small and not too large. It has to seat 6 very comfortably but would be great to be able to seat 8 from time to time.

Plan shows a 7.5 foot table, which seems a bit too big (never mind not being standard) plus we want to get a little additional room to ensure that the passageway from the mudroom to the kitchen is not too tight. Currently 4.5' and radiator steals another 9 inches.

And please also comment on the ideal width (we need to decide on this now since it affects the banquette depth and thus the windows, door and counter run.

I was thinking 84 x 44"? DH thinks that's too big and wants a 6 foot table.

If you have one or the other, please let me know if it is the perfect size or you wish it were smaller, larger, wider or narrower. Any other random thoughts also appreciated because I still need to think about:

--inswing vs outswing French doors (are Marvin Ultimate French doors really over $6K??)

--marble on periphery, should I do mahogany on the island? anyone have this?

--lighting plan especially so that there is a great homework area with perfect work lighting on the short banquette bench or in that corner

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to comment.

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert