SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

Pre-winter journal: roses' and our health & observation & wish-list

strawchicago z5
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The above is my most favorite bouquet taken in August, thanks for Duchess de Rohan (deep pink) fantastic scent .... slightly better than Comte de Chambord. Wise Portia's scent is the best among purples, Evelyn smells like floral peach. Tchaikovsky (yellow) smells like candy.

This thread is a pre-winter journal to write your observations & learnings for this year, wish-list for next year roses, plus what works for your health.

I'm thankful for Totoro (Aileen), a physician in this forum. Also appreciate Khalid's healthy home remedies.

I bought a cheap apple cider from Walmart, taste icky, so I use that to dissolve gypsum to feed roses. Roses like that more than harsh white vinegar.

The Bragg Organic apple cider taste much better. I ate more salad when I used Organic apple cider. Saw google news today about apple cider helps with weight loss. For those who don't like the smell of apple cider, NOW makes apple cider pills, $8 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Vinegar-Capsules-180-Count/dp/B0001TNCK0/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475071341&sr=8-10&keywords=apple%2Bcider%2Bvinegar&th=1

Amazon folks report that worked for acid-reflux, acne, colds, etc. Regarding its weight loss property, see below link:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/apple-cider-vinegar-diet-weight-loss-drinking-meals-improves-digestion-gut-399220

"The "magic elixir" has been used for centuries as a versatile ingredient with a wide-range of uses for the body, including an anti-microbial and antifungal agent that increases immunity and weight loss, among other uses. Previous research has found sipping on ACV has been associated with lower body weight, body mass index (BMI), weight circumference, and serum triglycerides (fat found in blood). Obese adults who consumed a beverage containing one or two tablespoons of vinegar every day lost two to four pounds after 12 weeks.

Beta-carotene, calcium, and potassium are nutrients that remain after apples are fermented into vinegar, giving it its antioxidant power. Antioxidants in vinegar, such as catechin, gallic acid, caffeic, and chlorogenic acids help keep the body healthy and running smoothly. The acetic acid in ACV increases the body's absorption of important minerals from the food you eat. Moreover, the acetic acid helps to suppress your appetite, increasing metabolism and reducing water retention, helping you shed the pounds."

Comments (58)