What authors do you like or recommend?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (35)
Related Discussions
Can you recommend Thermasoft heated floors? Who do you recommend?
Comments (7)Thanks Weedy, I seem to spend so much time on the internet these days looking for answers, that I can truly appreciate and respect someone else's research. Do you know if Warming Systems makes a mat? My installers have never put in radiant heating before so I am thinking that I should stick to a mat product, to make it as simple as possible ... for them and for me. I'm already introducing them to Kerdi, I don't want to drive them TOTALLY crazy. If you get a chance to revisit an older thread, you and I were on the same post a couple of weeks ago. It was entitled "What about a 'shower pan' instead of tiled floors?' I asked you some questions regarding some pics you posted, but the thread kind of ended. It's currently on page 9, or thereabouts. If you have the time to revisit it, would you do so? I would still like to know about shower glass. Thanks so much. Anne...See MoreRecommended web authoring tools?
Comments (12)I used WebStudio and have been very happy with it. I did not opt to do a free webhost though, I wanted to be able to have a large site without size limitations or ads. I'm an educational NFP and crashing, slow loading, or size limitations would be a major hindrance to what I deliver to my viewers. If I go over my gigs in storage or traffic I am on auto-upgrade so I don't even have to make a request. My webhost allows me the ability to see who has visted my site as well as how many hits and pages they've viewed etc. Perfect for a control freak!...See MoreI've got an author to recommend.
Comments (8)She's very good--I also recommend her. She can be really eerie, Ruth Rendell. In a totally "sneaks up on you" way. I had one book of hers that just clung, after I'd read it. I eventually got it out of my house, because it was so disturbing. Such a tremendously believable description of an obsessive love. Not overwrought and overwhelming, more insidiously eerie. First you feel sympathetic for the main character, then you think he's creepy, then he frightens you, and at the very end you feel really sorry for him. ("Going Wrong") The Inspector Wexford books aren't as creepy--though they're eerier than Agatha Christie and Ngaio Marsh. Here is a link that might be useful: Going Wrong, by Ruth Rendell...See MoreIt's February.........what are you reading ? what do you recommend ?
Comments (74)I finally have something to contribute. For the first time in almost a year I have been able to read, finish and enjoy books. I don't know what happened but I hope it never happens again. This months books include: The Weight of Snow - Christian Guay-Poliquin A Tale for the Time Being - Ruth Ozeki The Wonderboy of Whistle Stop - Fannie Flagg Setting Free the Kites - Alex George The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald (first time read) The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - Gabriell Zevin Currently reading The Second Mother - Jenny Milchman I can't tell you how good it is to be able to practice my favorite hobby after so long. I wasn't idle in the book arena though. I read here and participated in the book titles game. I bought a fair amount of books as well. I also reserved books from the Library this week. They only had 1 available out of the 6 I requested so they just made some selections of other books they thought I might like. Something to be said for living in a small town and being chummy with the Librarians. They did pretty well. I loved all the books I read this month. I didn't post any review of them since I figured everyone has already read them. Glad to be back in the game. (knock wood)...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

ORGANIZING‘Tidying Up’ Author Marie Kondo Tells How to ‘Spark Joy’ at Home
A new book from the author of ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up’ delves deeper into her KonMari Method of decluttering and organizing
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: See How a Garden Author Brings Nature to the City
Garden designer and author Baylor Chapman shows her love of nature in her San Francisco apartment and deck
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDMy Houzz: Author Makes Her Home in a Quiet Corner of Hertfordshire
British novelist Freya North refreshes a dated bungalow to create an idyllic country home for her family
Full Story
RANCH HOMESSee the Estate That Drove Jack London to Write
In honor of the ‘Call of the Wild’ author’s birthday January 12, we tour the reason he wrote all those books
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREThink Like an Architect: How to Pass a Design Review
Up the chances a review board will approve your design with these time-tested strategies from an architect
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREThink Like an Architect: Know Your Homesite for a Great Design
Learn how to approach a building site the way professionals do — considering everything in sight
Full Story
HOUZZ TV FAVORITESHouzz TV: See What It’s Like to Live in a Glass House
Tour a couple’s midcentury modern Illinois home, where floor-to-ceiling views of nature are all around
Full Story
WINTER GARDENINGGreat Design Plant: Gold Collection Hellebores Perform Like Stars
Exciting colors, longer bloom times, forward-facing flowers ... These hybrids leave old hellebores in the dust
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean and Care for Your Mattress
Find out what you should do to protect your mattress from dust, moisture and stains
Full Story
ravencajun Zone 8b TX