SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxzn5

Advice for sunny spot next to front porch...

I have a cute little bungalow home in need of some TLC... I have been doing a lot in the last year and a half and I am so happy with the choices of plants I have around the front area of the home...

The front porch faces south, and I have some lilacs on the east side planted and I am thinking about the west side, this side gets tons of sun and my main concern is the sun in the summer, it's almost imposible to be out there on my porch swing since the heat is tremendous, I have nothing giving me shade... IDEALLY, I would like something that looks decent from spring - fall, don't really care for an evergreen but maybe something that is not very "thick" and still would let some sun shine (or course this could be done with pruning) One of the main problems is that the front porch is raised about 2' approx, so I would like something that gets tall...

I was originally thinking about lime light hydrangeas but I already have them on the west side of the yard as fences... so I don't think those would work well..

I am in zone 5 in central Indiana

Comments (29)