SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwie2011

What are your least-favorite succulents? Here are some of mine.

kwie2011
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Most of these always look leggy. Maybe it's because I don't have enough sun for these particular species, or maybe it's just how they are.

Don't know what this one is, Sedum or Sedeveria of some kind, I think (yes, I know it's about to bloom, and I know that's a wavy jade that isn't undulatifolia behind it).

Sedeveria 'jet beads' not looking too jet on my balcony. I know this one would have smaller internodes and larger leaves in better light. Poor, ugly little things.

Echeveria pulvinata looks so pretty in the colder months, then the leaves gradually die back, leaving this ugly, barren stem. I'm thinking it isn't getting enough moisture in its very lean gritty mix. All my other Echeveria appreciate potting soil or even straight peat over gritty mixes. This is the only one I haven't gotten around to moving back into soil from gritty mix. Internodes seem quite compact when it has leaves, and the leaves have red edges, so I don't think sun is the issue.

Finally, Crassula not-undulatifolia. Maybe someone can ID it for me. It seems to like the same grit the E. pulvinata doesn't, but it's just... bleh... not a very pretty plant in this setting. Maybe when it's bigger, or if it were planted differently, or when/if I find somewhere sunnier to live. Right now it's just bleh, even when it was in bloom.

edited to correct "pulidonis" to "pulvinata"

Comments (34)