SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie_kim93

Appliance Brands?

Carrie Kim
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi - I'm seeking some wisdom on appliance brands, really appreciate any feedback! Thank you in advance!
We are in the process of building our starter townhouse, and since it's our starter home, we are very much focusing on return on investment in everything we put in for when we sell in the future. We are in the process of selecting appliances right now and I'm super confused on what we should do:
1) Appliance Consistency - Do you think most buyers will have a strong opinion on 1 single brand of appliance for the entire kitchen? In most of the new homes I have seen, they have the same brand for everything (ie. hood/stovetop/dishwasher, etc). Do you think this matter? Or as long as they are the same color scheme, it should be acceptable?
2) Appliance Brand - Both our real estate agent and builder suggested we install JennAir appliances for luxury/resale value. We currently have them in our rental kitchen, and they seem ok to me. What is your impression of this brand, and would you spend the budget for JennAir for another brand instead?
Thank you again!

Comments (13)