SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshineandpinot

Really struggling with paint color for kitchen island and dining hutch

Lauren0319
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

This has been a really difficult decision for me and I would appreciate anyone's thoughts. We have knocked down the wall between our dining room and kitchen, opening it up to make one large kitchen with an eat-at island. Perimeter cabinets are white; I have chosen SW Incredible White. Walls are SW Agreeable Gray. I now need to choose a paint color for the kitchen island, built-in dining room hutch, and beverage center in dining room.

Floors are a medium European Oak; wood.

Originally I wanted to do a wood stained island. But I couldn't find an inspiration picture that I liked. Then I thought that a navy island would be really fun. But I know I don't want the hutch and beverage center cabinet to be navy. Can I have 3 different color cabinets in one room? Or should I stick with 2 colors?

Far right is SW Incredible White. Next is Agreeable Gray. 3rd from right in Anew Gray which is what we've painted our family room, entry way, and stair well.

The color that is 5th from the right is on the same color strip as Agreeable Gray and Incredible White. However, it reads really brown to me. It's SW Warm Stone. My husband sees gray.

To me, it makes sense to stick with the color strip; at least I know the colors compliment each other. But I don't want brown.

This is the inspiration to our china hutch and is nearly identical.

So, if you've made it this far, thank you! So to cut to the chase- perimeter cabinets are white. Counters are White Macaubas Quartzite. What color should the island, beverage center cabinet, and hutch be? I am open to all suggestions!

Here's a peek at the floor plan so you can see the island. This all opens to the dining room which has hutch and beverage center cabinet. (This is the first draft. Some changes have been made but you get the point.)

Thank you for your input!!

Comments (9)