SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grasswhisperer

Tenacity and new grass seedlings

grasswhisperer
7 years ago

Have a lawn in eastern MA that is KBG/Rye/Fescue mix. Drought summer has killed some areas and will be reseeding those dead areas, and might as well overseed rest of lawn while I'm at it.

We also have many stands of bent grass that I've been wanting to eradicate, along with other undesirables (barnyard grass, etc). I have Tenacity but haven't had a chance to apply until now.

Question is: I read Tenacity should not be applied to newly emerged seedlings. Also read that T should be re-applied as booster shot about 2-3 weeks post first application. If I apply T now when I'm seeding - then the booster shot will come 2-3 weeks from now, when I'll have new seedlings. so that's not good.

I'm thinking now is the time to seed for sure - and maybe wait a bit on the tenacity? But problem then is I won't be putting down the tenacity until about a month from now, if not longer (KBG germination time longer) - and will that even be enough time for T to do it's thing before cold weather dormancy begins to kick in?

Maybe I just need to forego the Tenacity this fall (darn).

Any recommended course of action for my situation?

Thanks!

Comments (10)