SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennie_heath

Please look at our kitchen plan, I'm not sure about it...

Pennie Heath
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

You guys are so awesome here and we need help. We bought this house in the Spring and are getting ready to start the remodel. There was a 96 y.o.widower who owned it previously and his chair lift was still in the stairway. The house hasn't been touched since the year it was built in 1978. We've removed the yucky pink shag in the den and all the wallpaper. The kitchen designer came up with this plan and I'm not sure about it. The numbers are fuzzy on the photo but I tried to add room names to make it easier to figure out.

We are considering moving the 1/2 bath back 12 inches to open the space a bit more. The 1/2 bath is the only bathroom on the first floor and there is no good place to relocate it that will work with our budget. The house is built on a slab. The plan is to remove the wall with the current stove/microwave and push it back into the den. The sink, dw, trash, will go there. Behind the wall is a wet bar (super groovy) so there is water there already. We intend to move the stove to the current sink wall (garage wall), and add gas and a range with a hood. There is some HVAC trunk stuff behind the current wet bar, behind the double ovens, that per the G,C, will be hard to move, so that area isn't helping anything in the design process.

We are removing the paneling in the den and replacing with sheet rock, doing hardwood throughout, etc.

Does anyone have any other thoughts re: this plan? Enclosing the plan plus photos of the grooviness we are living with.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES