Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Ft Worth Autumn Fall Swap October 22 2016 Saturday Trinity Park

sylviatexas1
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

How did it get so late...so early???

Time to get to work in that garden!

Ft Worth Autumn Swap is a great time to trade out your extras for someone else's extras & add to the variety that is the soul of the garden!

Rules are simple, & they're solid gold:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Generous is better (sticks in dirt will not do), don't ask for more than you offer, but offer more than you ask if you wish.

Don't take anyone's plant unless you & the owner are looking at each other when you do it & you're both in agreement.

If you see a blue salvia on someone's table, & you've arranged a pre-trade your Gypsy Boy rose for her blue salvia...that particular one may be intended for someone else, or the person who brought it may decide that (s)he doesn't want to trade for what you brought.

Maybe (s)he thought Gypsy Rose would be bigger, or maybe what you thought was a Gypsy Boy rose is actually Doctor Huey (a rootstock).

Anybody can trade anything for anything, as long as both parties agree.

You can trade your cow for magic beans, but don't ask for someone's cow in return for your magic beans.

Bring something to trade; garden tools/art/crafts/coffee grounds/llama beans/pots/etc.

If you are just starting, or starting over, you can bring useful things that aren't garden-related:

bakery or deli goods (somebody once brought bananas & string cheese!), books, magazines, lotions, sun block, etc.

We meet at 10 AM & usually we're tuckered out by about 1 PM, so try to get there early-ish.

I'll get my phone # to anybody who wants it, in case you're running late or get delayed.

Wear loose comfy clothes & comfy shoes, bring a hat 'cause it may still be summer & a jacket 'cause it may be winter, remember your sunblock, & bring water so you don't parch.

Bring snacks to share if you wish;

we've done potlucks in the past, but it seems like everybody is so busy, & dishes have to be washed...so crackers, chips, relish tray, dips, little things with toothpicks stuck through them, cookies, brownies, etc.

DIRECTIONS:
(I put that in caps because sometimes people's eyes glaze over before they've read everything I've written. don't know why...)

From I-30 on the western edge of downtown Ft Worth, go north on University, toward the Rose Garden & Botanic Gardens.

Get into the right lane immediately, & turn into the park at the very first entrance.

Once you have turned onto University *do not blink your eyes*; you will miss this entrance!

Follow the gravel drive ALL the way past everything.

The little train will be on your left, & the railroad on your right.

The drive will curve left, & the pavilion is on the right.

Look for people with green plants & happy faces!

Please post haves & wants on the "Trade" Thread to keep this one about site, suggestions, etc.

Comments (11)