SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael_europe_zone8b

Brown-orange spots on leafs & difformed leafs

Hello everybody,

First of all, congrats to all of you for keeping this forum open, with loads of useful info available when no one to ask around.

Here in Belgium, zone 9b, at the end of February 2016 I have rooted 5 cuttings brought from the island of Crete and all of them displayed abundant growth.

The plants went outside end of May (East oriented patio) and 2 out of 5 flowered to my surprise by mid July.

After treating preventively with a Neem oil 0.5% solution (begining of August), the trees started to show leafs with brown-orange spots. After 2 days the leafs would fall, while new growth continued at the tips.

If my reading is correct, it seems that the new rooted cuttings do not like this kind of treatment associated with direct Sun exposure from sunrise until 2PM. Learned it the hard way. And this is valid for all 5 of them + 3 older trees.

Moreover, I spotted on some leafs some sort of a winged orange flat "seed", could it be some sort of a fungus propagating this way?

I fertilize once every 15 days with a 6:3:6 organic solution and water lightly once a week.

The new cuttings are in a 2/3 light mix - 1/3 coconut substrate, the others in 100% coconut fiber.

Any opinion/advice highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments (5)