SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendys_dream

Nightmare remodel turned into a blessing?

Wendy
7 years ago

Our remodel has been on hold for months and months due to multiple less that perfect cabinets and less than perfect replacement cabinets. We are now waiting on our 4th set of replacements. Yesterday, we were informed that we will be receiving all the cabinets, including those that are less than perfect. So, a total of 4 33 inch drawers bases and and 4 30 inch glass uppers.

To achieve my "dream", the plan was to do separate sections on a pay as we go basis. But, with the extra cabinets coming, I'm thinking we may be able to use them on the next section in line.

This was the original plan. The next section would be the fridge section on the nook wall.

Original plan:

kitchen: flowing as one space · More Info

kitchen: flowing as one space · More Info

kitchen inspirations · More Info
Now, I'm thinking I can slide a free standing 48" counter depth refrigerator down the wall to the right, just before the nook, and use 2 of the drawer bases and 2 of the uppers on the left side of the refrigerator.

This would not be my ultimate dream kitchen, but would make for a perfectly usable and pretty kitchen at a ton of savings. It may actually make for a more interesting design. One of the biggest drawbacks would be that the microwave would have to go on the counter in the lefthand corner and I would lose my coffee cabinet. But those seem like a tiny things compared to the possible money saved.

Anyone see an reason to not go this route?

TIA!

Comments (24)