SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aspen_emry

Help me layout my mater bathroom & bedroom with load bearing wall

aspen_emry
7 years ago

We are remodeling our house and building an addition. We are wanting to expand and redo our master bathroom and bedroom in addition to a few other things. Right now I have a load bearing wall going through the area we have to work with, an I do not want to completely move it. They're are 8 ft ceilings in this area. The entrance to the bedroom area is on the load bearing wall and we could do one more door way either leading to the bathroom or closet area etc. I am attaching a pic. The two large rectangles are the spaces we can use for the master areas. Anyone have any ideas for how we could make this a master bedroom and bath without crossing that middle wall (labeled 17ft) too many times? You see the bedroom entrance to the left of the pantry. We COULD enter this area from the right of the pantry (making a short little hallway where it jogs back. The large opening below the pantry opens to the kitchen dining and great room. To the right even further we have a mudroom/powder room. Let me know if this doesn't make sense! It's quite a big area!

Comment