SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeremy_swartz94

French Door Refrigerator Recommendation - height challenged

James May
7 years ago

We are in the process of replacing a 16 y/o GE Profile refrigerator. After researching and narrowing down my choices the wife decided she liked the Samsung (RF23J9011SR) 4 door french door refrigerator. I took a final look at the specs and made another measurement prior to order. SOB the Samsung is taller than all the other refrigerators we had been looking at. It is ~1.3" too tall. I am going to take a look at the cabinets but I do not think there is a way to easily and cleanly create the extra height.

We could step up to the their Chef Collection (RF24J9960S4) but I am not convinced it is worth double the price. I am surprised that the Chef Collection is shorter than their "standard line."

So I need a counter depth refrigerator that is no more than ~69.5" tall. That 69.5" is for the body of the fridge and does not count the hinges. I have a bit of room depth wise. If it was not for needing a 2" gap behind the fridge I could fit some of the standard depth fridges. I would like to keep the price below ~$4k. The wife is not a huge fan of the pull out drawer that most of the French Door fridges use.

Comment