SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane2516

Painting woodwork: Brush vs Roller vs Spray

Jane
7 years ago

I am thinking about building my own kitchen cabinetry. It will be white shaker.

The biggest obstacle will be the paint. I doubt I will be successful at spray paint. I've already tried roller with mixed results. Lately I have been painting door and window trim with brush, and I do tend to like the brush strokes, at least on narrow trim.

The white woodwork in my house will include crown moulding and baseboards, window and door trim, interior doors (shaker style recessed panel), wainscotting in foyer, dining room hutch builtin cabinets and kichen cabinets (not too many). I use mostly 1x pine for trim. I would love to be able to paint and touchup the woodwork myself. There will be a lot of woodwork.

What do you all think about painting everything with a brush? Would that look too amateurish? Or would it add character? I use thick BM Regal Select or maybe Aura. I figured I could mask off certain parts of the woodwork to ensure the lines went in the direction I wanted.

Or would it be OK to mix spray paint and brush strokes? My patio door was factory sprayed because some parts were unreachable after assembly. The surrounding trim was brushed.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz