SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
j_nel_2003

I need advice about flooring I layed in my bathroom

Jesse Nelson
7 years ago

I layed self stick vinyl tiles in my bathroom. I opted for extra adhesive. I read places where they layed the adhesive then layed the tile right after so theres more room for error while laying it incase I was off. So I went that route. It went pretty good, but sadly, the extra adhesive never did dry. I put a fan on it for a couple days, in total I gave it 5 days of drying time. I stepped on it and some adhesive still came out the sides, and I didn't put very much down. So I decided to pull up the tiles, which since the adhesive was still wet, wasn't that hard. I waited a few hours until the adhesive got tacky, and layed the floor back down. Had some issues but all and all went pretty good. The problem I am having now, is the surface is sticky pretty much everywhere from my hand and knees etc. That adhesive is messy. Any advice on how to get the surface unsticky without ruining the vinyl. Also, it is pre L grouted so I don't plan on grouting it, looks good the way it is, should I seal it? if so what do people recommend?

Comments (3)