SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristiviola

Introduction and over wintering question

kristiviola
7 years ago

Hi!

I am a long term lurker from Dallas, Texas and not only have I learned so much from you all, but I have purchased cuttings and plants from some of you on eBay as well!

i have a nice collection of Hoyas and eriostemmas, both cuttings and plants. I have not lost anything yet (knock on wood) and all are thriving with the exception of my small praetorii that I was so lucky to purchase from Doug via eBay. It was doing great then all of the sudden it lost a leaf that yellowed overnight. We shall see if I can save it!

I am already starting to think ahead about winter. I'm in the midst of converting an extra den into a garden room for the Hoyas so it will be ready for them when the time comes to move inside. My question is about lighting and overall temperature/humidity. How can I best provide supplemental light? It's confusing with so many options and knowing where to place the light. For humidity, shall I mist them everyday to combat the heating system and the dryness? Or should I get humidifiers? I'm a total over nurturer so the work involved is not a problem. Perhaps given the general mild winters here, I do not need to do very much, I just have no way of knowing how to figure this out. I don't mind investing in this project, I like to do things the best way I can and do it once if possible! Would it be helpful if I made a list of my Hoyas to determine their needs over wintering?

Any and all help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

kristiviola in Big D

Comments (7)

Sponsored