SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn429

Help needed with 2 lithops and a couple of other questions

jenn429
7 years ago

Hello. I am new to the forum and need help with a couple of new lithops.

Yesterday, I picked up lithops that were on clearance. In each container, there was one good looking healthy one along with one that needs tlc. Because I am new to keeping lithops ( 3 - 4 months), I wanted advise from people that have more experience and knowledge in keeping them. Below, I posted pictures of the each Lithop in hopes that there is something I can do to save them. I am pretty sure they both need water because they are wrinkled. The top top Lithop also has some damage to the top and the upper side is a little discolored.

Also, while I am posting this, I thought I would ask about soil recommendations. Currently, my lithops are in a mix of succulent soil with added extra perlite. They look great but am not sure if that is necessarily the best way to keep them, especially when I go to water them. I was thinking about changing it over to a pebble - soil mix. Perhaps a 2-1 ratio but again don't know if that is the best either.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am looking forward to hearing advice and being a part of this forum.

Comments (7)