SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erica_hagen0

Please help choose from my final two kitchen layouts

Erica M
7 years ago

This is also posted to main Houzz but I have gotten better feedback on this forum so reposting!

[Please note: both of your designs suck is NOT helpful feedback, thanks! We're almost done with the design with help of our ikea planner person and feel pretty good about it. Just looking for last minute things to tweak, things we may not have considered, and selection of door placement.]

Plan 1 - I've been going with this one so far, with the door opening on the right. This is approximate in scale/measurements. Also follows design from a designer I had hired. We are doing an Ikea kitchen but for these pix I have used Lowe's software which is much easier to use. The small brown box is our radiator and can't move.

Also to note: There's a door there on wall "C" to another room, also a door on wall D to that room. The other kitchen door on left wall is to outside. The door on right kitchen wall is to basement. Currently there's an added door next to basement door to a hallway toward front door, which we plan to close up.

Then I got to thinking maybe by keeping the opening on the left, we may be able to gain a few inches of space in the kitchen and reduce the dining room. This is because we could pull the peninsula out into the room without blocking the radiator. Not sure though, re traffic flow, also the support beam on the ceiling alignment (which I think we'll need), etc...

Comments on other aspects of design welcome! Sorry if this is confusing I can add more design images. I can't find a whole-house floor plan though.

Pic now:

current house · More Info

current house · More Info
(Kitchen is over past the right side of this photo)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer