Has anyone been watching anything amazing on TV lately?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
Related Discussions
Anyone watch TV?
Comments (18)I've only watched season 1 of dexter...pretty good. It's odd when I find myself cheering for the serial killer...there's something attractive about characters possessing extraordinary traits and yet exhibiting weaknesses or vulnerabilities. Hence the vampire craze, perhaps. Q - I'm a really bad reader and rarely venture outside of genres I'm used to, which happen to be alternative reality fiction, near-future science fiction, anything involving supernatural things (clearly I have a problem with reality) and other social commentary related works....with that said, I almost ALWAYS enjoy what people have recommended me even though at first I'm always apprehensive over things like autobiographies and historical fiction. I like the direction this thread is heading so I'm going to shamelessly steer it towards that direction. Favorite reads, everyone? Anyone? For me: The Chrysalids - John Wyndham Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry Brave New World - Aldous Huxley Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (I know...wtf right) Angraecoid Orchids: Species from the African Region - Joyce Stewart (sorry I just had to...I'm obnoxious)...See MoreHas anyone retrofitted furniture with a TV lift
Comments (45)I like to ask for Picturs and opinions on the the impact of of a TV lift mount installed in my KItchen Bar Granti top, I am concerned about the effect the Cut out in the granti top will have, look, feel, aesthetic, It is a bar for eating, Drinking, Chilling and I dont know if it is the right thing to do to the surface, But the location would be good just sit on the couch and watch the TV come up from the bar, Centered Perfect, But will i ruin the bar? Has anyone pictures of a cut grantii tV slot?...See MoreHas anyone seen or heard the show 'Little People' is going off TV
Comments (14)I honestly don't mean this to be derogatory or to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't really understand the draw of either of those shows. What is the interest? They are just normal people who happen to be a different size than most. They have struggles and joys and love just like we all have struggles and joys and love. I can't imagine that people are drawn to watch the shows just to see little people, but isn't that the only thing that sets them apart from most of us? That's a genuine question, really. Would the shows be just as interesting if they were regular people of normal size going through everyday life? As far as I can tell in the few times I've watched either one that their size is the only thing that makes them different from you and me. As you can probably tell, I'm not much on so-called "reality shows". But I'd really be interested to hear what it is about these 2 specifically that draws you in....See MoreHas anyone heard from Pooh lately?
Comments (27)We tried watching Librarians; Cindy couldn't get into it. So we stopped watching after just a few episodes. We watch quite a few shows. We DVR them and watch them on our schedule. Scorpion, Gold Rush, Moonshiners, Edge of Alaska, Alaskan Bush People, The Last Alaskans, Railroad Alaska, Naked and Afraid, The Middle, Mysteries of Laura, Law and Order SVU, Royal Pains, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, Last Man Standing, Bones, Local news every night, ZNation, iZombie, Castle, Good Wife, The Last Ship, The Muppets, etc. I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. We watch a lot of TV. And this list doesn't include the shows Cindy watches on her own. We get movies from RedBox, and Netflix, and have Hulu plus. There is certainly not a shortage of stuff to watch. While I'm napping, Cindy will do some housework, then watch a show episode, then go do more housework, and repeat. Sometimes I think all we do is watch TV....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

FUN HOUZZ15 Cool Rooms and the TV Shows They Want You to Watch
Get nestled in with the fall 2014 premieres, some old favorite shows and a coordinating nosh
Full Story
BEDROOMSThe Cure for Houzz Envy: Master Bedroom Touches Anyone Can Do
Make your bedroom a serene dream with easy moves that won’t give your bank account nightmares
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: This Dream Midcentury Home in a Forest Even Has Its Own Train
Original wood ceilings, a cool layout and, yes, a quarter-scale train persuaded these homeowners to take a chance on a run-down property
Full Story
CLOSETSThe Cure for Houzz Envy: Closet Touches Anyone Can Do
These easy and inexpensive moves for more space and better organization are right in fashion
Full Story
MODERN ARCHITECTUREHouzz TV: This Amazing Lake House Made a Couple’s Dream Come True
Step inside a dream home on Lake Austin, where architecture celebrating gorgeous views has a striking beauty of its own
Full Story
BUDGET DECORATINGThe Cure for Houzz Envy: Entryway Touches Anyone Can Do
Make a smashing first impression with just one or two affordable design moves
Full Story
MOST POPULARTrend Watch: 13 Kitchen Looks Expected to Be Big in 2015
3 designers share their thoughts on what looks, finishes and design elements will be on trend in the year ahead
Full Story
PETSHouzz TV: Watch These Rescued Cats Make a House Their Playland
Spirals, catwalks, tunnels and platforms create a superhighway inside this home in Southern California
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Confidential: 9 Trends to Watch for in 2016
Two top interior designers share their predictions for the coming year
Full Story
SMALL HOMES16 Smart Ideas for Small Homes From People Who’ve Been There
Got less than 1,000 square feet to work with? These design-savvy homeowners have ideas for you
Full Story
socks