SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Cabinets Ordered - opinions on my other selections?

numbersjunkie
7 years ago

I ordered the Ikea Bodbyn gray for my vacation rental home. Its a brick rancher on a lake, but not in the mountains. I'm going for informal, but not rustic. Comfortable, but not dark/heavy. Maybe a farmhouse look?

Here is the cabinet with the floor I want to use. Its a LVP and will be throughout the living areas. Should hide everything - I hope!

The counter I am thinking about is a solid surface Livingstone Rocksalt which is fairly plain but not solid white
Color Swatches - LivingStone® · More Info

I want to use a Silgranit sink and was thinking cinder? I'm scared to death of getting white....

For pulls, I really liked the chrome ones Ikea shows with my cabinets but they seem small to me and I'm afraid of fingerprints on the bright chrome. I found a few others that I like and would probably go with brushed- nickel stainless or chrome. The first one is very much like the Ikea pull and I love it but its discontinued in the brushed finish. I think the last one my be too traditional/formal?

Amerock BP55346G10 Satin Nickel Revitalize 5 Inch Center to Center Handle Cabine · More Info

20% OFF Westerly 128mm Pull (#53721-G10) by Amerock at Kitchen-Cabinet-Hardware. · More Info

And then the dreaded back splash! I looked at plain white subway but it almost seemed too formal to me. Then I found this at The Tile shop and thought it had the right vibe, but I was trying to avoid anything too busy and this definitely is busy - but it seemed to pull the color of the floor so.....

I feel like I'm really struggling here.... can anyone help to guide me?

Comments (18)