SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

Good/bad/ happy/ sad bath reveal with a nautical nod.

roarah
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I just finished a bath remodel in which I used some heirloom pieces along with curbside finds, college creates and ikea cabinetry. So I have found the disposable inexpensive vs family pass down discussion very enlightening.

My cabinetry was just installed this weekend so only a very high round window to sand and paint left to do and who knows when I might get that done so I am ready to post my bath reveal. I could not have done this without GW bath and decorating forums help you helped throughout my design, technical issues and finishing touch decisions.

I have tiny closets in my 1920s home so opted for storage over a tub.. The wardrobes in this room will actually house our most used clothing, yes we have great ventilation.

Here is my orginal mood board

Unfortunately, that floor was not rated for bathroom use so Dygardens recommended her flooring,seta silver and also suggested using white armoires to lighten the room and than I started moving towards a more beach feel, I can walk to the Long Island sound and my marina from home.

revised mood board

my great aunts dresser passed to me long ago to be used as vanity

This bath was an addition over my orginal sunroom here is the before view from my room during build from old window.

Here is the same view now

View from my shower, the wardrobe doors do not show true here but they are white stain with knots showing , a bit driftwood like IRL

here is a curbside find in process of my refinishing efforts.

After, again GW help me with its placement!

Walk in shower with garden stump to place my rump...

Rain head

I will eventually have a built in bench but I found two childhood creates that fit perfectly and thanks to lisa and fun2be they gave me ideas to cover with terry cloth and ropes. The terry is actually a changing pad cover I already had, it has been cleaned :). The wall art is the tiller from my first boat handed down to me from my parents. Goodness I loved that boat!

A week after our addition started my DH was diagnosed with cancer, he is doing well at the moment! This GW community not only helped me with fun decorating stuff but the people on the conversation side spiritually keep me strong and sane and I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon this forum years ago. The people on GW are an important addition in my live.

Comments (42)