SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coleyt31

Monstera Deliciosa varieties / cultivars

coleyt31
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been looking online for a definitive list of Monstera Deliciosa cultivars, but cannot find one (unless I'm simply not looking in the right places). In that case, I thought, maybe here would be an appropriate place to put one together?

So far, I'm aware of:

The original, large, all-green kind, obviously.

Dwarf / smaller version 'Borsigiana' - apparently faster growing with more vine-like growth habit.

White / 'albovariagata' versions of the above. The ones I've seen (including mine) have the marbled, 'paint splash' look, and the variegation is bright white.

Yellow variegated - presumably both full-size and Borsigiana exist. I've seen one supplier advertising a very brightly yellow variegated Borsigiana, with the same or similar patterns of variegation to the white version. Would post link but not sure whether that's OK on here.

Then there's another cultivar with a different, 'splotchy' variegetion, which in pictures appears to be the full-size plant. The variegation is creamy / beige rather than white. I've seen this online referred to by all sorts of names including Cheesecake, Pepperface, Thai Constellation and Marmorata - all look similar if not the same.

Is anyone able to shed any light on the above, or add any others?

I should also point out that the only variegated deliciosa I've seen in the UK is the white variegated one, and even that is fairly unusual (but does crop up on ebay relatively often). I've never seen any of the others here.

Tom

Comment

Sponsored