SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsth5236

Freestanding tubs and stuff I learned>>>

tsth5236
7 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

***Edited to add that Aquatica has this tub in a 59" and 63"....Mine in the photo is the 59".***

Did a complete makeover on my bathroom and in the process wanted to find the perfect freestanding tub. Here's some stuff I learned. My acrylic tub really retains heat...which surprised me. I had no idea. I am a short person..5'4 and I purchased a 5 ft. tub due to space restrictions, but I think if I had gone bigger, it would have been a mistake...as I am a reader and soaker and in order to stretch my legs out but be able to reach the end of the tub to hold myself in a sitting position might not have worked with a 6 ft tub.? I also know that if you want a deep tub, be sure to check the water depth/drain overflow depth instead of the tub depth. This is the tricky part because they are all very different in depth. I realized after I purchased my tub that I could have purchased a special deep immersion drain which would have made it a 17 inch water depth. I wish I would have done that, but I still am very happy with the 14 in. depth. Also, I did not go with armrests or lumbar, as I don't think they would have been comfortable to me. I am very comfortable reading in my tub without them. Also, be sure to leave enough room for cleaning space around your tub...and if you are installing a faucet with a hand shower, be sure that the residual drip from the hand shower, hits down in the tub and not on the side of it when it is placed in the cradle after your bath. I absolutely love my tub and highly recommend these tubs. Here's some pics of the before and after:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Bathtub

Comments (39)