SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann9bnapa

Heat wave blooms

Ann9BNCalif
7 years ago

It reached the high 90s again but some roses just keep going. Hope you enjoy the blooms!

Jude the Obscure - since he exploded into an arching shrub, there are always some canes with lovely, fragrant blooms. Now that he's more established, the blooms seem to open more slowly over several days and don't blow away as fast as I first thought.

Mary Rose on her fourth flush as tree standard. I didn't detect much scent today after the high temps, but she was reliably fragrant until this flush.

Another Mary, but slightly paler after high heat.

Heritage is finally back after a long siesta; this rose retains its lovely scent in my yard, even in the high heat.

Reine des Violettes - I posted this photo on the Antique Rose Forum along with a question on transplanting her because she needs a bigger spot and I hope I can move her safely! I think the fragrance did suffer because of the heat, but I could still smell a lovely scent.

Love Song is planted in an area where the rose opens slowly over two days, so I can enjoy her at this stage (below) which is my favorite. Also her lavender color is retained better in this spot. I've seen this rose very pink in the hot sun and don't like that shade quite as well as lavender.

Love Song, the next day, same bloom but opened up.

Hope all you rosarians are staying cool!

Ann

Comments (5)