SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shebabee

Citrus Tree #3 -- Kishu Mandarin

shebabee
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Tree #3 came home with me on July 30, but I only just got it re-potted yesterday. It was hard to choose a tree--they had quite a few--but one of the nurserymen helped me. I was tempted by some of the others that were fruiting, but I took this one, which has no fruit, because he explained that it had much better structure than the others. I think it's a really nice looking tree and hope I made a good decision. There are a few tiny flowers on it now, but I assume I won't be seeing any fruit for more than a year--sigh! Tree is as tall as I am--5'3".

Getting it bare-rooted was quite a bit of work. I was able to get most of it clean; I did quite a bit of root trimming and I sure hope it won't sulk too much. It seemed to be planted in a mix of mostly sand with peat--very heavy! But the roots looked very healthy and no signs of rot. I've been very careful with my watering.

Note to PersimmonBob: I took your advice and bought a #7 squat pot for this one instead of the regular shape.

Question: I forget--is it OK for me to begin feeding (Foliage Pro) and giving vinegar right away after re-potting, or should I wait?

Here's a pic just after potting up into 5-1-1:

And here are my three trees--citrus line-up! Left to right, Meyer lemon, calamansi, Kishu:

Comments (4)