SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kernel610

Remodel suggestions for awkward closet layout

kernel610
7 years ago

Hi everyone

I just moved into a condo with a long awkward closet and I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with it. The closet is 18' and runs continuous behind four doors (2 standard doors and 1 pair of french doors). We also have an organization system installed in the closet so the chunks of wall leave a lot of unusable space behind the wall. I've had several contractors look at this and provide their input on what to do but I'm still not quite sure what will work best. The additional issue with this is that the french doors are located at the start of a hallway so the doors open all of the way, but block the hallway when open.

The first suggestion I received is a series of bifold doors similar to this. My concern is that there still needs to be a few chunks of wall for framing purposes and I'm also not convinced on how it will look.

The other suggestion would be a series of sliding doors across the entire wall. I feel like this may look a little better but I can't seem to find pictures of what this would look. One of our contractors recommended against this and said the bifold doors would look nicer.

Any suggestions or feedback on what to do here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Comments (2)