SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busymom03

Whole house color scheme

busymom03
7 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to start a whole house redecorating project, but have a question about color schemes. Having worked with designers in the past, i know that the general color scheme should be consistent from room to room - or at least carry one color through to unify the space. But this is where I am stuck. Currently, I have a family room scheme that I love - tan couch, with indigo pillows in the print "Betwixt", Accent pillow in Chiang Mai dragon (aqua color way) and orange accent pillows. I love these three together. I guess I would sum up the family room color scheme as neutrals with blue and orange accents. here is my question - is it too closely related to have the colors in the nearby living room / dining room be navy with RED accents (not the orange)? or do I need to find another accent that isn't as close to the orange?

Hope that makes sense.

PS - currently have red with yellow and green - think french country color scheme. The only reason I was thinking navy with red accents in living/dining room is so I could keep the dining room chair fabric which is an embossed red.

Comments (8)