SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pensacolapi

So we hired Architect Runner Guy after...

Pensacola PI
7 years ago

Well, just an update here. After much thought and consideration of reading and rereading a previous post I had made concerning our floor plan, we GOT SMART and brought Doug aka Architect Runner Guy on board to do our design. I had a one hour conversation with Doug on Monday and he knew many of our parameters from the previous posting. We discussed many of our wants in great detail and we are going to go "UP" as in a 2 story to take advantage of the water view with the bay in front of the house. Also really liking his thoughts and previous illustration concerning our 3 car garage and breaking it up into 2 garages. We have handed the reigns over to Doug and he has earned our trust. Now I am certain that we will get a house that fits our needs and budget and be designed by a gentleman with a critical eye for design. Truth be told, the hours and hours of tweaking I had previously done was not only exhausting from a mental standpoint but from a design stand point, a damn disaster. I am a PI and a damn good one. I CONFESS, I don't know a thing about designing a house. Doug has some real out of the box thinking and I like that and a lot.

I can for see this being enjoyable again. Doug has me doing some homework and looking for images and just passing along general thoughts. One thought of which was from my better half concerning a loft idea that I like but had not idea on how to implement it into what I did. Doug on the other hand, sent me drawings of a couple of houses he previously designed which pretty much hit the nail on the head. Granted we are working remotely, but I am extremely confident that we will not have any issues and the final result will be nothing short of outstanding.

Doug, my hats off to you.

Comments (55)